One less Dick in Sunderland

Day

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You would think so, the motive is there to get one over Newcastle. Just read a Bris article on HITC tho suggesting Nigel Clough. 

I think I said somewhere that Nigel Clough could be a great choice to go in, strip all the big time charlies out of the club, instill a bit of spirit and honesty. It can't be a worse appointment than the last few.

I think I said somewhere that Nigel Clough could be a great choice to go in, strip all the big time charlies out of the club, instill a bit of spirit and honesty. It can't be a worse appointment than the last few.

Sam knows what it takes to keep a club in the Premier League, with the new TV deal coming in Sunderland won't want to miss out. Didn't do too bad at West Ham in the end. No reason why that can't be replicated up there.

Now isn't the time to go in and rip everything up and start again, the pressure is on.

its hard for sunderland or newcastle to attract players.

They have little or no chance of success and its too far north for players who would rather move to London.

newcastle are reduced to buying french and dutch players and hoping that the multi-lingual schteve mcclaren can produce a winning team by drawing pictures and communicating via phone, whilst sunderland just pick up rejects and hope that shouting might have an effect.

• 2 weeks later...

He's from Sunderland isn't he ? Might be difficult for him to turn down if it's offered. I've heard Peter Reid's name mentioned a few times on the radio but wondered if he'd go back as a number 2 after being top banana there before, who knows ?

I agree, it may be too difficult to turn down...

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11695/10029302/southend-boss-phil-brown-turns-down-sunderland-role

Archived