Nigel Clough

Day

I couldn't.... Think he would clash with Mr McAnthony more often than not

cant see how. DM doesn't spend money, Nigel doesn't spend it.

Haven't they just brought in a new manager?

I said at some point, not right now. They change managers a lot.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cant see how. DM doesn't spend money, Nigel doesn't spend it.

I said at some point, not right now. They change managers a lot.

Thinking more of them both being stubborn!

Not really sure he will manage in the Football League again.  He needs a chairman/club owner who is unambitious and ready to accept safe mid-table positioning, a bit of a cup run now and again, and unsophisticated football.  I do think there are a few pragmatic Chairman out there who might want a Nigel, but none of them have a fan-base to match. 

Ladies and gentlemen, we can unveil the next manager of Newcastle United.

PistoldPete2

Still reckon he would be a shoe in at burton if there was a vacancy there... So if hasselbaink was poached, by say forest. Considering his record, could still be candidate for a championship team and surprised that Rotherham fans would prefer redfern to him. 

Still reckon he would be a shoe in at burton if there was a vacancy there... So if hasselbaink was poached, by say forest. Considering his record, could still be candidate for a championship team and surprised that Rotherham fans would prefer redfern to him. 

I think Burton have moved on from Nigel though, and reappointing him would be a backward step for them.

once again no argument with the foundations he put in place, but current and past managers have shown it doesn't need a ten year plan to get promoted. No doubt they wouldn't be where they are without his work, but I doubt they would be where they are with him still in charge.

Sunderland fans strongly disagree they've seen your article on their forum. I would strongly disagree as well unless they were already relegated and the fans were open to a rebuilding project.

Probably the same Sunderland fans that thought Paulo di Canio would be a good signing for them. By all means, they probably have every right to think there are better managers out there suitable to their needs, such as Sam Allardyce.

But that doesn't hide the fact that their recruitment team (both for players and managers) has been awful in recent seasons and they need a rebuild. Probably a bit too late for them now anyway. Going down.

Probably the same Sunderland fans that thought Paulo di Canio would be a good signing for them. By all means, they probably have every right to think there are better managers out there suitable to their needs, such as Sam Allardyce.

But that doesn't hide the fact that their recruitment team (both for players and managers) has been awful in recent seasons and they need a rebuild. Probably a bit too late for them now anyway. Going down.

Which is why Big Sam would be a better suited manager, been there, kept teams up, it's what he does, he's got a wardrobe full of t shirts. Sending Clough in with zero Premier League experience to rescue a team in a mess and angry fans isn't the greatest of ideas. With the Sky TV money coming in they will be desperate to stay up, be it hoofing and the most ugly football you have ever seen. 

Would absolutely destroy Clough's career, would be far better at a lower Champ side looking to stay up or League 1 again

What on earth has Clough done to prove that he's capable of working in the Prem??? 

Nothing.

Clough needs a long term project. The only way he will succeed is if he's given 5 years plus at a club going nowhere with nothing to spend.

He'll turn them into a well run solvent club with a squad of players worth 10x what they were assembled for.

Trouble is, no one will give him 5 years.

He'll probably need to drop down and do it all again like he did with Burton.

Archived