Nigel Clough

Day

Where next for him?

At one point he was the bookies favourite for the Rotherham job but Neil Redfearn has overtaken him.

Was surprised to see so much dislike for him on Twitter by Rotherham fans who seem to want Redfearn more. Not exactly a great CV has he?

Whilst the football may not be entertaining, would have been the right kind of job for Nigel, think Rotherham fans are being a tad harsh. 

Where next for Nigel? Still young, be nice to see him do well for himself, needs a club with no so much pressure that will give him time to work with the club and rebuild his reputation as there is a trail of negativity behind him, especially from Sheffield.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What have I done? Nigel is a part of the clubs history, will always be a passing interest in him, I would have started a Billy Davies thread but it looks like he's pretty much done for now, when you look at all the jobs that have been up for grabs, not heard a peep out of him, even when the Rangers job came up, nothing

Wasn't the Sheffield Utd job the ideal job for him?

No really a club with impaitant fans with expectations much higher than League 1. Where as Rotherham you would think staying in the league would be the target and mid table would be a real achievement for them. 

And I'm not knocking Clough here at all but that would be perfect, lower expectations, not a great deal of money to play with and the Prem not likely to be on the fans minds for a while

Sunderland! :o

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/10/03/why-hiring-former-derby-manager-nigel-clough-could-be-an-inspire/

That's our Bris, wondered where he's been, now I know....he's on the Mexican funny fags

Notts County.

No expectations of top flight football.

Small budget

Need to build slowly and steadily

Possibility of two promotions once settled

Local for Nige

Chance to poke the gumps in the eye in their own backyard.

Give him 5 to 7 years and County will be the biggest club in Notts.

What have I done? Nigel is a part of the clubs history, will always be a passing interest in him, I would have started a Billy Davies thread but it looks like he's pretty much done for now, when you look at all the jobs that have been up for grabs, not heard a peep out of him, even when the Rangers job came up, nothing

He's unavailable at the moment - him and Ned are renovating the tactical command centre...in Billy's broom cupboard.

Archived