Evans Leaves

Day

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pick up back to back wins and he gets sacked - Bizarre time, could understand if they did it 2 games ago when they had no win in 7 this season

Am I correct in assuming posts have been removed from this thread to protect the forum against any potential defamation complaint?

Yes it was and for obvious reasons. I would kindly ask you not to post theories on why he left that can be seen as libellous again on here

Yes it was and for obvious reasons. I would kindly ask you not to post theories on why he left that can be seen as libellous again on here

So could I repost all the information from my last post as long as I make it clear he was definitely not sacked for being a convicted criminal and a cheat?

I think that Chris Evans probably did exactly what was asked of him in his time at DCFC. He studied players and picked the best available in his opinion in the right price bracket. Chris Evans did not sign players, he carried out the job in hand and others made the final decision, I should imagine. He also was a nice guy as far as we know .I am sure that he will get another good job and has already been commended by Derby County for his efforts. We wish him well. Football is littered with stories of players who do very well for Clubs and others that do not for reasons that nobody can identify. The most common of these situations is when a Club buys a striker who was scoring freely but does not do so at the new Club. sometimes it is simply because the first Club was set up for him perfectly but his new Club was not. Players have understandings with players at their old Club but sometimes not at the new one. Torres was a lethal striker then not so lethal and now he is excellent again.A t the end of the day, you can only expect to win some and lose some. We have excellent players at Derby County and now we need everyone to play to the best of their ability. It is not easy to do this as we know. Derby County will get promoted under Mel and Clement in the next two seasons in my opinion. Mel has said repeatedly that as long as the Club is growing in stature then we are moving in the right direction. Clement could not realistically replace Will Hughes, like for like. It is unfortunate that it happened but it was unavoidable.It may or may not prove to be the difference this season.

Archived