Burton Albion

Day

So you are saying that only 26,000 were interested in the last Derby game.

If Burton were promoted to the Championship and moved to a 20,000 capacity stadium, I dare to say that their attendances would rise to somewhere between 10,000~15,000.

The same thing happened with Blackpool, Wigan and many others who have risen up the leagues in recent years.

i'm saying 10x more people are interested in Derby County than Burton Albion.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So you are saying that only 26,000 were interested in the last Derby game.

If Burton were promoted to the Championship and moved to a 20,000 capacity stadium, I dare to say that their attendances would rise to somewhere between 10,000~15,000.

The same thing happened with Blackpool, Wigan and many others who have risen up the leagues in recent years.

Blackpool not a great example. They have had a lot of success in the top leagu in the past, including having one of the best footballers in the World at the time. 

Another member of the ex-Willington alumni here.

Never been to watch Burton, other than against Derby, but for those on the south side of Derby, they are sort of like a local team done good.  You sort of wish them well in a mildly patronising way, I guess, and even now, I struggle to see them as a threat.

That said, they seem to pick well in regards to their management staff and are doing very well.  Long may it continue!

People don't realise this is nothing to do with county borders, but more a combination of frequency/signal strength and the fact that regardless of numbers (some) Burton fans pay the licence fee and as such, are as entitled to be kept updated as everyone else in that frequency zone. 

I didn't  like the news programme showing forest, Leicester and county but they do. 

I've only had an interest in Burton since we've been sending a few players thee on loan. Think they play some good football and I don't think it does either club harm to have a good relationship...

Providing we remain top dog!

Apparently Radio Sheffield covers the Derbyshire clubs games. Think whoever drew the lines across the map for the radio stations must have been pissed

some parts of south Sheffield are in the county of Derbyshire. I think its more a case of where's the transmitter? Which areas can receive the signal. Radio Derby cuts out at Chesterfield when I'm on the M1 because theres some hills that block the signal.

Another great result by the Brewers.   Sheffield Utd at home on Tuesday. I heard it all on Radio Derby :-))

We listened to it on the way back from MK - well, from about Northampton anyway. It sounded pretty good.

We listened to it on the way back from MK - well, from about Northampton anyway. It sounded pretty good.

It was a fairly entertaining game but not a lot of good football on display.

I had a full days football with my grandson, Hasland U10's in the morning followed by the Rams on tv then straight to the Proact for Chesterfield v Burton.

Chesterfield under Dean Saunders at the moment are a shadow of the side they were last season, their defence is terrible and looks like conceding with every attack, a bit like ours at the end of last season. Having said that, Burton didn't really look like a top of the league side and a draw would have been a fair result. Chesterfield had a good penalty shout turned down in injury time, Burton went straight up field and scored.

Our fan base is suddenly smaller due to Burton's rise up the football pyramid. Nowt to be done about it short term but its maybe something the club should consider long term as in working hard to attract kids from the borderlands, east and west.

Not too sure we need to worry about Burton's fan base. On saturday they got less than 3000 people to watch a top of the league team win yet again : the lowest crowd in the whole division and lower than the majority of League Two attendances.

A hell of a lot of people in Burton support the west midlands clubs and I reckon Birmingham have more chance of losing fans to Burton than we do. I work with a Villa fan that has been to more Burton games than Villa games over the past couple of seasons.

Archived