Burton Albion

Day

I won't respond to anyone looking for an argument. 

I don't like having to listen to Burton Albion stuff and any amount of people saying I should won't change that. 

Then it looks like you will have to keep away from Radio Derby, the BBC station for Derbyshire and East Staffordshire. :D

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I won't respond to anyone looking for an argument. 

I don't like having to listen to Burton Albion stuff and any amount of people saying I should won't change that. 

I don't think anyone has said that you should enjoy it. They've just pointed out that it's unreasonable for you to want Radio Derby to "give over with it" when reporting on Burton Albion is part of their remit.

I'm not sure how any of you can actually endure Radio Derby at all.

The commentary is ludicrously biased meaning you don't get anything like a balanced view of the game and to make matters worse, it's amateurish in its delivery and overall commentary.

Add to that, that the station is like listening to something from the dark ages. Advertisements for dull radio programs that I'm certain are targeting the over 70's and then broken up every so often with the local news reporting on stories about one mile traffic jams and elsie losing her pet cat.

Anyone under the age of 60 who enjoys this mundane bore of a station seriously needs to get a life and start realising there really is life outside of dreary Derby.

I'm not sure how any of you can actually endure Radio Derby at all.

The commentary is ludicrously biased meaning you don't get anything like a balanced view of the game and to make matters worse, it's amateurish in its delivery and overall commentary.

Add to that, that the station is like listening to something from the dark ages. Advertisements for dull radio programs that I'm certain are targeting the over 70's and then broken up every so often with the local news reporting on stories about one mile traffic jams and elsie losing her pet cat.

Anyone under the age of 60 who enjoys this mundane bore of a station seriously needs to get a life and start realising there really is life outside of dreary Derby.

I want and expect biased commentary on radio Derby. Not to a ludicrous degree, but I do want the commentators to try their best to be positive about the team. It's not long since there was a big backlash against the negativity from Colin Gibson and I much prefer the way things are now.

As for Radio Derby outside of football, I don't see what's so wrong with catering to their demographic. Which, as you said, is older people.

I want and expect biased commentary on radio Derby. Not to a ludicrous degree, but I do want the commentators to try their best to be positive about the team. It's not long since there was a big backlash against the negativity from Colin Gibson and I much prefer the way things are now.

As for Radio Derby outside of football, I don't see what's so wrong with catering to their demographic. Which, as you said, is older people.

Think there needs to be a distinction between bias and some of the nonsensical drivel these goons come out with at times. 

When I've listened it's not even bias. It's moaning. 

When you watch back the full 90 and their commentary is on it then it's not even accurate. "They're just getting on top now". No they're not. "Derby just aren't winning the battles" ... It was 1 tackle. 

Pretty much all game. 

Thankfully don't have to listen to them often. Well, Ramage more than the other guy. Ramage is good in a way because for all those that don't get to games you still get to experience what it's like to be sat near whinging nutter

Radio Derby is better than nothing, especially if you can't get to the games. Folk used to moan about Ian Hall back in the days of Colin Gibson and the legendary Graham Richards...you can't please everybody. The Burton bit isn't really a problem is it? Derby County is clearly given the lions share of the coverage.

Burton Albion? Good luck to them, if Wigan and Wimbledon can make the big time why not Burton? As long as they're below Derby, I can handle it!

Finally, Burton may smell, but so does Grimsby surely Daveo? Or has the fishing industry disappeared now?

Mcsilks is better than all of you, and if you can't see that then you are obviously moronic and still live in Derby. Not like him, he's superb. 

Cheers buddy. You don't need to post it though...folks can realise that themselves.

I guess you live in Derby, too.

I think too much coverage is given to burton considering that they get less than 3000 fans for home games. 

(fewer than FC United of Manchester)

however the one that really bores me stiff is Alfreton ( fewer than 500 people go to home games) and yet their boring manager gets interviewed at length about the thinking behind his 78th minute substitution etc. 

I think too much coverage is given to burton considering that they get less than 3000 fans for home games. 

(fewer than FC United of Manchester)

however the one that really bores me stiff is Alfreton ( fewer than 500 people go to home games) and yet their boring manager gets interviewed at length about the thinking behind his 78th minute substitution etc. 

I don't see what attendances have to do with anything.

They're top of Division One. The 45th best club in the country and they deserve every bit of coverage they are getting.

I always think the argument that clubs do or don't deserve success or coverage because of their small support is a but wrong.

Attendances are an indication of how many people are actually interested.

So you are saying that only 26,000 were interested in the last Derby game.

If Burton were promoted to the Championship and moved to a 20,000 capacity stadium, I dare to say that their attendances would rise to somewhere between 10,000~15,000.

The same thing happened with Blackpool, Wigan and many others who have risen up the leagues in recent years.

Apparently Radio Sheffield covers the Derbyshire clubs games. Think whoever drew the lines across the map for the radio stations must have been pissed

Same as the people who designed rivers....all over the bloomin place....

Archived