Television Match Official

mozza

T.M.O.  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think a challenge system could work, like in cricket and tennis. But also think that a TMO watching the game pointing things out like if a referee missed a deflection from a shot and can point it out before the restart it would help improve the game.

Think the only thing that would be worth doing is penalties, goals (but there's already goal line technology) and debatable red cards - challenge system?

Reviewing deflections for corners and throw-ins would break the game up and be needless

It would be a disaster IMO.

Look on YouTube and you'll find an interview in which Lord Brian demolishes John Motson by telling him that a referee has a few seconds at most to make a decision whereas it's all too easy got TV commentators to watch an incident numerous times and finally conclude that the decision was or wasn't correct. 

We recently had a match last over 106 minutes.

If teams are going to contest every decision an evening match could go on till midnight.

Whither then the fantastic flowing fluidity of a fast and fabulous feast of football.

in rugby TMO os used for occasions the official has doubts and pointing obvious decisions. It wouldn't extend matches much at all. Goals - already have technology available. Penalties - the games already delayed due to disputes from the defense. Corners/goal kicks would only be if the ref isn't convinced. The only problem might be the refs referring every difficult decision to not got it wrong.

It would be a disaster IMO.

Look on YouTube and you'll find an interview in which Lord Brian demolishes John Motson by telling him that a referee has a few seconds at most to make a decision whereas it's all too easy got TV commentators to watch an incident numerous times and finally conclude that the decision was or wasn't correct. 

We recently had a match last over 106 minutes.

If teams are going to contest every decision an evening match could go on till midnight.

Whither then the fantastic flowing fluidity of a fast and fabulous feast of football.

No reason in my view why the rugby system of reviews couldn't translate to football. It has 2 inbuilt checks and balances. 

1.use is solely at referee discretion 

2. Excessive use will be picked up in performance evaluation. If the referee is not certain of the great majority of his decisions then his positioning and observation need to be questioned. 

I would also favour a sort of citing system after the match to catch and punish if necessary foul playthat was missed. Costa for Chelsea yesterday for example should have got a red in my view. Just think the ref missed it. So being able to issue a 1 match ban after the event might make players think. 

Think the only thing that would be worth doing is penalties, goals (but there's already goal line technology) and debatable red cards - challenge system?

Reviewing deflections for corners and throw-ins would break the game up and be needless

Bloody 'ell , eddie   , if they can spot a finger nail touching the ball under some rugby gentleman's

beer belly , i'm sure they'd spot somebody grabbing Gazza's testicles in the six yard box ..

Give it a go in a cup competition then ..

they don't even penalise corners taken outside the quarter circle with the linesman watching it!

all that pushing, shoving climbing etc. A gentleman's game played by ruffians one might say!;)

That's a strange one. At one time, part of the ball had to be in contact with the ground somewhere inside the quadrant. Now, it seems that any part of the ball has to be contained within the quadrant when viewed from above.

What remains to be explained to me is whether the actual arc is part of the quadrant, or is it the piece of ground enclosed by the inside of the arc.

From above?

The day will come when the iPro will be filled with drones and spies in the skies.

They will be sending hundreds of pictures and evidence to a central command post filled with white coated men who will analyse and give a decision which must be unanimous.

Football will become as exciting as watching a game of chess on a big screen or a crossword championship.

The most exciting bit will be when a goalie hits one of those drones and knocks it out of action.:ph34r:

Hope it doesn't land on me!:blink:

Now all I need is a long rest!

Archived