Car you currently drive?

AmericanRam

2 hours ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Manage to stay up for the launch, @Carl Sagan?  ;)

Can't say I did, caught up with it this morning. Me likey. Don't think I'll be able to afford $35k, though, and knowing me I'd forget to charge it and not get to work in the morning!

Confess I nodded off, but loved watching this morning:

Great to be part of something that's been created to save the future. And Elon Musk did tweet there's a special (small) extra for those of us who waited in line and ordered before the big unveil. And they all come with autopilot (ie are self-driving), Supercharger-enabled (which effectively means no fuel bills ever!) and I love the panoramic galss roof as standard.

The car of the future in the present. With something like 150k preorders already and the US being rolled out first, I'm guessing this won't be until 2019. So at least I've got a little time to try to save up.

On 06/02/2016 at 15:11, loweman2 said:

When I am driving around out of Derby I quite often get double abuse one for being a BMW driver and secondly for the Ram, you wouldn't believe how many times it gets commented on, it's a family forum but you can imagine how it goes flipping bmw sheep sh****** winker etc lol, didn't notice that thread EHR but will have a look bud!

I didn't know people in the steel manufacturing industry did so well. Have an envious like. 

8 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Confess I nodded off, but loved watching this morning:

Great to be part of something that's been created to save the future. And Elon Musk did tweet there's a special (small) extra for those of us who waited in line and ordered before the big unveil. And they all come with autopilot (ie are self-driving), Supercharger-enabled (which effectively means no fuel bills ever!) and I love the panoramic galss roof as standard.

The car of the future in the present. With something like 150k preorders already and the US being rolled out first, I'm guessing this won't be until 2019. So at least I've got a little time to try to save up.

I can't see my self driving this in Dubai or Qatar. I would just be laughed at for caring about the environment. 

8 minutes ago, Gypsy Ram said:

I can't see my self driving this in Dubai or Qatar. I would just be laughed at for caring about the environment. 

Gold plate it.

3 hours ago, Gypsy Ram said:

At the risk of looking like a complete knooob,  I'm going for a Nissan GTR if this job comes through in Qatar. No tax, low interest loan of 2.5 per cent over five years puts the car at 800 quid a month or 26 pounds a day... Or I could just buy a house. 

I'd get the Tesla Model S or X and still have money left over to buy the house, as well as the smoke machine for the back so no one realizes you're an environmental hero.

All the best for Qatar!

3 hours ago, loweman2 said:

Thanks @Gypsy Ram for the like, good luck with the new job bud, what makes you think I am in the steel manufacturing business ? Or have I missed something ? :blink:

I must have confused you with another poster. My deepest apologies. Nonetheless, cool vehicle. 

Re the new tesla. Why don't they make one that doesn't have such quick performance? 0-60 in under six seconds is pretty quick. I've never owned or even driven a car that will do that. I've had ones that will do 6.5, 6.8, 7.2. No slouches. 

But if somehow tesla could sacrifice some of that acceleration, for some extra battery life......... 

22 minutes ago, ketteringram said:

Re the new tesla. Why don't they make one that doesn't have such quick performance? 0-60 in under six seconds is pretty quick. I've never owned or even driven a car that will do that. I've had ones that will do 6.5, 6.8, 7.2. No slouches. 

But if somehow tesla could sacrifice some of that acceleration, for some extra battery life......... 

You don't have to floor it, it will do 0-60 in more than 6 seconds if you like.

• 2 weeks later...

I've driven Italian cars for years, essentially because they are cheap to buy and a bit individual. They used to dissolve in the rain but rather better now and with so much platform sharing the individuality seems to have gone from most sectors of the auto industry. I still have silly dreams about an Alfa sud Ti I had once. .. Extension of your body on the road and throttle response like nothing I've ever driven before or since. Only 95 BHP but then again it weighed about 800 kilos. It would do 40 MPG if you didn't thrash it .. But I did, so it didn't  :lol:

drove a Fiat Panda with a 2 cylinder multi air engine the other day .. What a laugh and a whole load of fun. Sounded like a cross between a sewing machine and a miniature tractor. 

On 02/04/2016 at 15:53, RicME85 said:

Thats also the beauty of electric drive, instant torque

I think my missus must have an electric drive then, because she never shuts up.

Just now, eddie said:

I think my missus must have an electric drive then, because she never shuts up.

At times like this eddie I can't help but picture you stood infront of a brick wall surrounded by a cloud of cigarette smoke, with a microphone in your hand, saying these lines in a very hoarse voice.

6 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

At times like this eddie I can't help but picture you stood infront of a brick wall surrounded by a cloud of cigarette smoke, with a microphone in your hand, saying these lines in a very hoarse voice.

Cigarette smoke?

Vapour, please, and hopefully I'd be more subtle than some, say Tom O'Connor as opposed to Bernard Manning.

Just now, eddie said:

Cigarette smoke?

Vapour, please, and hopefully I'd be more subtle than some, say Tom O'Connor as opposed to Bernard Manning.

I just say cigarette smoke for the old school image, I know you've quit onto vape. I've read the E-Cig thread :p 

Sure, I'll give you that if you like, if that's the style you prefer haha