England test squad

Ovis aries

Hales and Ansari added to squad for Pakistan, Lyth out.

Think Roy is the better prospect for the future, but maybe he has to open for Surrey for a season, or find a place in the top four,

do not think he will get selected in the five day game unless he finds his niche, he will not get picked batting at six.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not sure of the logic of dropping one out-of-form opener and replacing him with another.

And what did Compton ever do so wrong?

What did Compton ever do wrong? 

I sometimes think that the shear number of counties gives England a lot of headaches. It spreads the talent a bit too thin, lowering the overall standards, but equally gives a lot of players a chance to be "the form one" and basically be picked as flavour of the month, only to be immediately ditched. 

That said, Shield Cricket in Australia, which has a grand total of 6 sides, is under fire for it's standards recently. We blame T20s down here though. 

I agree with resting Lyth. He was the leading run scorer in County cricket when picked so deserved his chance.

He may well come back but his technique is flawed and needs some work. He always looked jittery to me and as opener you need presence.

Having said that we have picked a player in Hales who has big flaws! We seem to be hoping he can blast his way through.

Should be an interesting series.

Archived