Newcastle United 2015-16 season

i-Ram

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can see this going two ways - 

- They'll keep most of there better players, add a bit of steel to their play and storm the league.

or

- Rafa will completely underestimate The Championship and be sacked by Christmas, when they're floundering in 6th, having just been beat at home by Rotherham.

No doubt the Toon fans will already have them winning the league. Don't think its that simple for them. Rafa has been given complete control of "all day to day footballing matters" according to SSN.

Key will be the extent to which that "day to day" includes transfers and indeed the extent to which that may conflict with Ashleys strategy of the football club "washing its face" which is where they were at - basically importing french and dutch players, improving them for a year or two then selling on for a profit to balance the books.

Think Rafas stock is on the decline personally and he won't have the same luxury of squad rotation as he had in previous jobs.

Thing with Newcastle's squad is non of them were up for a battle, so even if they keep the squad, a rerun of last year's failings could well be present to an extent.

When players only sign for Newcastle as a stepping stone to pl big teams and you end up with a squad full thinking "where's my move to man u?" You're going to struggle to get a team.

I actually fancy Norwich to settle right down from the off whilst the other 2 relegated teams take a while adjusting.

They will storm the league, wouldn't be surprised to see them breaking a bunch of records doing it. They have the best squad in the league by a long way, they are the biggest club in the league and have the most successful manager in the league by a long way...it will be easy for them.

44 minutes ago, RIMBAUD said:

Until they meet the Rams...

We beat them 3-0 last time they stormed the league. And of course remain undefeated against them in the premier league in the past 10 years or so. We can't be all that bad. 

20 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Thing with Newcastle's squad is non of them were up for a battle, so even if they keep the squad, a rerun of last year's failings could well be present to an extent.

When players only sign for Newcastle as a stepping stone to pl big teams and you end up with a squad full thinking "where's my move to man u?" You're going to struggle to get a team.

I actually fancy Norwich to settle right down from the off whilst the other 2 relegated teams take a while adjusting.

Excatly.

If they as hard as last season, there's possibility of non-promotion.

On 5/26/2016 at 13:36, RadioactiveWaste said:

The thing is that they actually looked like battling under Rafa. If they keep the same mentality to how they did in the last few games of the season then I can see then storming this league. It's not as if Rafa hasn't been in this position before, he managed in the Spanish 2nd division so he knows what it is like in a long hard slog of a season. They improved a lot under Rafa towards the end of the season, although it was not enough because he came in too late. Their starting 11 will most likely be this. Still a very strong 11

Krul

Anita Mbemba Lascelles Dummett

Saivet        Colback

Townsend   Armstrong/Shelvey     Aarons

Mitrovic

Archived