Newcastle United 2015-16 season

i-Ram

Oh, ok, well I totally understand the need for it and quite enjoy it actually. Deserves all he gets.

Thinking about it, maybe we should all be nice to Wee Billy from now on, after all he was the last manager to get us promotion to the Premier League wasn't he, so maybe he isn't an odious little toad after all.

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, EastHertsRam said:

Oh, ok, well I totally understand the need for it and quite enjoy it actually. Deserves all he gets.

Each to their own I suppose. 

7 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I don't have any loyalty to him, just don't see the need to slag off someone who contributed to three great stints for my team.

This may be nitpicking but he only played 20 - 30 games for us. He spent a great deal of time being injured. Hardly a great stint.

Neither here nor there really. I'm really enjoying watching his reputation go back down the toilet.

There is something a bit off about the McClaren obsessives. They come across like a couple of bunny boilers. It is, however, perfectly natural to make fun of Newcastle because they are a complete and utter mess. It looks like McClaren has lost the dressing room and it's his own fault for not booting Coloccini in the summer. There's no leaders in that Newcastle squad.

I'm thankful to him for showing us how good we could be, felt sorry-ish he was sacked, and wished him good luck in the future.

I also pissed myself laughed seeing today's result, and always find myself hoping Newcastle lose.

In short, I'm a modern fickle football fan!

I find it all hilarious actually, and I'm not talking about the McClaren bottle job at Newcastle.

I'm talking about how two faced and fickle some of you lot are and I'm remembering the amount of stick I took from the majority of you for daring to suggest Steve wasn't the greatest managerial genius the game has ever seen.

Banned, villified, swore at, called the village idiot and yet it seems I was pretty much spot on all along.

Now I see a lot of you turning against him, pointing out that he's a clueless basket case.

What a joke.

I quite enjoy his press conferences though.

1 hour ago, ronnieronalde said:

I find it all hilarious actually, and I'm not talking about the McClaren bottle job at Newcastle.

I'm talking about how two faced and fickle some of you lot are and I'm remembering the amount of stick I took from the majority of you for daring to suggest Steve wasn't the greatest managerial genius the game has ever seen.

Banned, villified, swore at, called the village idiot and yet it seems I was pretty much spot on all along.

Now I see a lot of you turning against him, pointing out that he's a clueless basket case.

What a joke.

I quite enjoy his press conferences though.

What were you right about? He took over a shambles of a Newcastle team, one which miraculously survived last season after winning one of their last 15 Premier League games or something like that.

I certainly didn't expect them to be amazing this season.

Steve McClaren is a decent coach and when things are right at a club then he clearly has the ability to churn out good results with a good brand of football.

What I don't think he deals with well though is pressure. Also, he doesn't seem to be able to arrest a slide though much of that is about sticking to his principles and not going into survival mode.

He certainly could handle such situations better, while I get the feeling his teams seem to notoriously have pretty leaky defences as a result of the way he likes his teams to play.

Newcastle were awful, and they had two choices: Bring in an Allardyce type who would keep them up but ply awful, survival football or bring in a manager willing to chnage it up.

Sacking him now would be pointless IMO as it shows how they would have given up on trying to break the same mould which has kept them back for years. They probably need to get worse before they can get better.

I don't actually think McClaren was the right choice for Newcastle. I think he is too far to one side. They ideally needed someone like Clement, a manager willing to play good football but also put in loads of detail into team shape and work off the ball. Without going over the top, Clement so far strikes me as a Mauricio Pochettino type.

8 hours ago, RamNut said:

This anti-mcclaren stuff shows what a fickle bunch some of you are.

when we were winning you couldn't praise him enough and NC became public enemy no1.

even now, we are still playing his 433 system so we continue to benefit from his contribution.

we all know that he lost the respect of a lot of people but move on ffs.

Nigel had used a 4-3-3 system before, it's not like McClaren was the inventor of the system. 

We did well under McClaren until late last season, but people are understandably angry about what happened.

It is getting sad to see his dream job going like this though. 

3 hours ago, Albert said:

Nigel had used a 4-3-3 system before, it's not like McClaren was the inventor of the system. 

We did well under McClaren until late last season, but people are understandably angry about what happened.

I don't remember nigel using 433 with two wide strikers.

442 and 4231 

Why be angry?

We are top 3. We have a better squad. We are in good form. 

Enjoy what we have.

13 minutes ago, RamNut said:

I don't remember nigel using 433 with two wide strikers.

442 and 4231 

Why be angry?

We are top 3. We have a better squad. We are in good form. 

Enjoy what we have.

Angry with his leadership taking us from 1st to 8th from a position where missing out on the playoffs were unthinkably unlikely. 

Nigel used a 4-3-3 quite bit over his time here. He didn't use the forwards the way that Clement has, but arguably neither did McClaren. 

I still think of him with great fondness because we were dull and uninspired until he came and changed it up a few gears. All ancient history now of course, and it was very predictable that Newcastle would be a real lion's den. No suprises that it's not working out and I am still confused why he wanted the job in the first place. 

Ego Gboro, little old Derby, despite what he said on taking over we're not quite high profile enough for him. He craves the attention of SSN and being a big shot. 

I've never doubted his ability and loved what he done to an at times overly cautious side but as it turned out as soon as a more high profile club came sniffing his head was turned and all this "This is a special club and I've always looked out for their results" bull was out the window and he was going.

10 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Not saying he is a great guy, just a shame his achievements as a player and number 2 to Jim Smith seem to have been forgotten.

Add to that 18 months of entertaining football and it makes some people's reaction seen even more bizarre.

Balls. Divorce the player from the manager, and from the assistant.

Paul Clement will have ambitions far above Derby and one day he will leave, possibly for a bigger club, could be a lower one.

We will be a stepping stone in Clements long career, forget what Mel said about him becoming our Ferguson, it won't ever happen. 

I don't blame McClaren for wanting the Newcastle job, I don't blame him for taking it. Despite the situation the club is in, anyone without an emotional attachment to Derby would understand why he would want it and take it.

We're not this huge club that managers will look at and think Derby County is the end goal, if I get the Derby job that's it, I've made it.

McClaren owed us nothing, he was still finding jobs, we didn't rescue him from the dole queue and when he leaves Newcastle there will be a number of clubs ready to offer him the job.

Great coach, best football along with Jim Smiths team I've ever seen at Derby, came in and transformed a mid table also ran team minutes from the Premier League with the majority of the same squad. I love the bloke and I hope he turns it around so he can stick the middle finger up. 

Sadly the problems at Newcastle run deep, it's a club where they need a mass clear out and a manager given time to rebuild. Newcastle is a huge club, far bigger than Derby and right now they have a squad of can't be arsed players and angry fans. January will be important for them, time to get rid of this foreigners and bring in players that want to play for the club.

I dare say Clement will go on to better things after us and at the time of writing this I'd wish him well. 

My beef with McClaren is I bought into his spin, I believed he thought we were special to him, nobody likes to be made to look like a mug and I feel that's what he did (more fool me I suppose)

You say McClaren owed us nothing and that may be correct but he went on record talking about long term plans but it all turned out to be guff. I believed McClaren was here for the long term after all his rhetoric and to that end I now have him down as a duplicitous old scrote who's word means nothing.

Once somebody has deceived me I look forward to karma righting that wrong, and it looks like it's happening already and I love it LOVE IT.

33 minutes ago, Daveo said:

Paul Clement will have ambitions far above Derby and one day he will leave, possibly for a bigger club, could be a lower one.

We will be a stepping stone in Clements long career, forget what Mel said about him becoming our Ferguson, it won't ever happen. 

I don't blame McClaren for wanting the Newcastle job, I don't blame him for taking it. Despite the situation the club is in, anyone without an emotional attachment to Derby would understand why he would want it and take it.

We're not this huge club that managers will look at and think Derby County is the end goal, if I get the Derby job that's it, I've made it.

McClaren owed us nothing, he was still finding jobs, we didn't rescue him from the dole queue and when he leaves Newcastle there will be a number of clubs ready to offer him the job.

Great coach, best football along with Jim Smiths team I've ever seen at Derby, came in and transformed a mid table also ran team minutes from the Premier League with the majority of the same squad. I love the bloke and I hope he turns it around so he can stick the middle finger up. 

Sadly the problems at Newcastle run deep, it's a club where they need a mass clear out and a manager given time to rebuild. Newcastle is a huge club, far bigger than Derby and right now they have a squad of can't be arsed players and angry fans. January will be important for them, time to get rid of this foreigners and bring in players that want to play for the club.

Would agree with this IF he had done it the right way. I have had dozen's of jobs and I am proud of the fact that every employer has let me work my notice because they know I would do the right thing for the firm still paying my salary .

No one can be sure but it looks like that was not the case with SM when you look at our collapse at the end of the season .

Thing is every new manager and player says the same thing, what a fantastic opportunity, big club, great fans, this club deserves to be in the Premier League, one look at Moor Farm and I wanted to sign.

X club comes in and they want to leave. 

No manager/player would ever come in and say thanks Derby, hopefully I can do a great job here so a bigger club comes in for me. This is just a stepping stone to where I want to go.

Every single player, every single manager.

When Clement leaves, listen to his interview after taking over Derby then go listen to his interview at his new club. Guarantee it will be a big club, great fans blah blah

11 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

I dare say Clement will go on to better things after us and at the time of writing this I'd wish him well. 

My beef with McClaren is I bought into his spin, I believed he thought we were special to him, nobody likes to be made to look like a mug and I feel that's what he did (more fool me I suppose)

You say McClaren owed us nothing and that may be correct but he went on record talking about long term plans but it all turned out to be guff. I believed McClaren was here for the long term after all his rhetoric and to that end I now have him down as a duplicitous old scrote who's word means nothing.

Once somebody has deceived me I look forward to karma righting that wrong, and it looks like it's happening already and I love it LOVE IT.

Karma had an especially good day at Selhurst Park yesterday.

Steve Clarke did things the right way last week.

Why were my last two posts merged?

From a distance I find this kind of amusing.

We had a fantastic ride under Schtevie, but the end of that ride had come. The way it all ended was bitterly disappointing, hopes turned to ashes in front of our eyes and the persistent Newcastle noises just soured things at the end. So I must admit I'm quite enjoying Newcastle's implosion but in the end we've moved on and so has McClaren. 

I think what a lot of us are enjoying is the confirmation that what we thought it'd all be miserable and not work out well for him. He's not the man to turn around a bad side. In good times, yeah, no one better, but he never turned around a club going the wrong way. I felt more for John Caver at the end of the last season whilst he was trying to get them to the end of the season so Schtevie could walk in.

Archived