Newcastle United 2015-16 season

i-Ram

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope this job finishes him in management, very bitter about the way he left.

He had everything at Derby, and he could have been a hero for all time here, respected and loved.

First sniff of a so called 'big' club coming calling and he couldn't wait to **** us off and run off to Newcastle.

He had everything at Derby, and he could have been a hero for all time here, respected and loved.

First sniff of a so called 'big' club coming calling and he couldn't wait to **** us off and run off to Newcastle.

No proof of this at all, he turned them down like 3 times. 

No proof of this at all, he turned them down like 3 times. 

He didn't publicly and unequivocally commit himself to Derby County at the first opportunity.

Fair enough, he's a pro, he can do as he likes, but if he'd tied his colours to the mast he'd have got us up and been a legend. IMO.

He didn't publicly and unequivocally commit himself to Derby County at the first opportunity.

Fair enough, he's a pro, he can do as he likes, but if he'd tied his colours to the mast he'd have got us up and been a legend. IMO.

I also don't believe that the rumours leaving hurt our forum. As Mac said the form started dipping well after the rumours emerged, it largely correlated with the massive injury crisis that happened. I would like to see how many teams would be able to cope with losing all there left side CBs, all there CDMs, both strikers and various other players. 

Personally I don't have any problems with Mac and didn't think he should have been sacked, but I'd rather not have this argument as I'm going to bed.

Wasn't he sacked?

So was Billy Davies. I think mac similarly put himself in the position where his job was untenable.

I would argue that the fans reluctance to accept his answers and refusal to adapt his tactics to the injuries which made his job untenable. If McClaren had the full backing of the fans he would still be here today and possibly in a better position than we are currently. 

The last few months of the season were an embarrassment from the fans, the whole atmosphere around the club changed from what was the best period this club has seen since Jim Smith.

I also don't believe that the rumours leaving hurt our forum. As Mac said the form started dipping well after the rumours emerged, it largely correlated with the massive injury crisis that happened. I would like to see how many teams would be able to cope with losing all there left side CBs, all there CDMs, both strikers and various other players. 

Personally I don't have any problems with Mac and didn't think he should have been sacked, but I'd rather not have this argument as I'm going to bed.

With the greatest of respect Deadly, I think that there's ample evidence that the rumours of his leaving did hurt our forum.  Quite a lot.

Honestly, I'd have thought this issue would have been put to bed when he said he always wanted to go to Newcastle after he joined them. 

And no that isn't something you'd expect a new manager to say.

With that statement he created a divide. Either he was lying to us or he was lying to Newcastle about always wanting to go there. Whichever way you look at it, he's a liar and impossible to trust. The club said he was 'willing' to stay but only because he had to and not because he really wanted to. The issue is in bed and fast asleep. I'm taking great joy in seeing him rock bottom of the Premier League and I'm sure he's taking great joy in seeing us only have one win in 6 games.

With that statement he created a divide. Either he was lying to us or he was lying to Newcastle about always wanting to go there. Whichever way you look at it, he's a liar and impossible to trust. The club said he was 'willing' to stay but only because he had to and not because he really wanted to. The issue is in bed and fast asleep. I'm taking great joy in seeing him rock bottom of the Premier League and I'm sure he's taking great joy in seeing us only have one win in 6 games.

Or he was telling the truth, he did turn Newcastle down in January and never once asked to leave, we sacked him, he was unemployed and took a job at a big club in the Prem.

The other quote that got me was while he was still here, something about not commenting on speculation out of respect for John Carver. Now I understand it might be not be the nicest thing to comment on a job someone else may or may not get permanently but wasn't that Newcastles problem? The same Newcastle who showed Carver respect by trying to employ McClaren in January?

Surely McClarens respect should have been first and foremost to his employers by being honest with them about what he wanted? Or to the players he'd helped convince to turn down Premier League moves?

Anyway, like you said it's history. He got what he wanted and like some others I'll probably not be able to help being glad if it goes tits up for him. "Thisch isch football!"

I would argue that the fans reluctance to accept his answers and refusal to adapt his tactics to the injuries which made his job untenable. If McClaren had the full backing of the fans he would still be here today and possibly in a better position than we are currently. 

The last few months of the season were an embarrassment from the fans, the whole atmosphere around the club changed from what was the best period this club has seen since Jim Smith.

So he gave the wrong answers and stubbornly picked the wrong teams. His fault. Newcastle came in and his head went. 

Blew it when he could have been a legend.

Or he was telling the truth, he did turn Newcastle down in January and never once asked to leave, we sacked him, he was unemployed and took a job at a big club in the Prem.

"Always wanted to join" though. So he's buttering up the Toon fans?

Archived