Injury update

derbydan

Rams right back Paul Connolly is the latest name to join the Derby County casualty list, with a foot problem ruling him out of tomorrow's trip to Wales.

Connolly will not make the trip to take on Cardiff City, with Miles Addison and Kris Commons also missing the game.

Addison will undergo a scan to assess a persistent sore foot and Commons is troubled with a tight hamstring.

It means the Rams injury list has reached epic proportions, with the manager Nigel Clough listing an entire team of players who are not available for selection.

Clough said: "It's incredible the amount of injuries we have picked up; we must have smashed a mirror or walked under a ladder, because we have been incredibly unlucky.

"Paul Connolly is definitely out with a bad foot, as is Miles Addison.

"Miles has had problems for a while, so we are going to have that assessed further.

"Kris Commons is still sidelined and there is no change in the longer term problems.

"Stephen Pearson, Steven Davies, Paul Green, Jake Buxton, Chris Porter and Giles Barnes can't play.

"We did think about calling up Mitch Hanson or Mark O'Brien, but they've also picked up knocks.

"It's not something we can affect now, so we will travel to Cardiff and have a go with the players we do have; we won't be using it as an excuse.

"Also, on the plus side a good number of those names should be back after the next international break, which will be a big boost for us."

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just an update on my injury.i had my op yesterday on my torn cartledge.It seems to be a success although walking is a problem at the moment.I should be back to work in the next month.Id like to take this opportunity to thank all the staff at the city hospital.They were great.I also didnt **** myself when the needle went in......which was nice

Originally posted by Dangerous;35291

just an update on my injury.i had my op yesterday on my torn cartledge.It seems to be a success although walking is a problem at the moment.I should be back to work in the next month.Id like to take this opportunity to thank all the staff at the city hospital.They were great.I also didnt **** myself when the needle went in......which was nice

How did you do that?

Archived