Rugby World Cup 2015

StockholmRam

Nearly time ladies and gents... much interest on here? Im over for the duration and have tickets for all Englands group games.

Sat 26th Sept Im watching The Rams v MK Dons on the way down to Twickenham..some day that will be. Hopefully a VERY happy one...

England have a tricky group to say the least but if we can win our group it gives us a much easier route forward than coming 2nd where we would likely face Sth Africa in quarters and All Blacks in semis...

Going to be an interesting and awesome tournament I think....

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Plenty of "interest" from those of us who work in London and use Waterloo for commuting. We've been warned to avoid the place between 4 and 6.30 this evening.Given that is usually hectic enough, should make for an unusually fractious Friday.

As for the play - it seems to be going the same way as football world cup in being inexorably expanded. There are still only really about 10 countries where the game is played widely enough for them to be considered contenders.

I mean Uruguay? Namibia?

Can't wait!

A World Cup played with passion and commitment where England has a good chance.

Far more interesting than the limp saggy Football World Cup which doesn't get interesting for weeks and leaves England fans so disappointed.

England's first game is against the mighty Fiji... Wales against the Rugby powerhouse that is Uruguay...

Yeah, interesting straight from the off.

Fiji are the 9th best team in the world.

They play an exhilarating brand of open rugby designed to entertain.

Compare this with the kind of limp opening games in Soccer where everyone simply tries not to lose.

I know I am wasting my time because some people don't get rugby but as a spectacle it carries more drama.

I prefer football as a sport because I love Derby and I played the game but at International level I have fallen out of love with it.

Fiji are the 9th best team in the world.

They play an exhilarating brand of open rugby designed to entertain.

Compare this with the kind of limp opening games in Soccer where everyone simply tries not to lose.

I know I am wasting my time because some people don't get rugby but as a spectacle it carries more drama.

I prefer football as a sport because I love Derby and I played the game but at International level I have fallen out of love with it.

But like... there's only about 10 countries that play it.

My apologies. I did of course mean the qualification stage which takes about 18 months to determine that all the teams one expects to be in the finals will actually be there.

This tortuous process means playing pub teams on pub grounds all so officials can get richer.

Archived