Berahino Tantrum

Day

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate Daniel Levy with a passion, (not to be confused with Danni Levy, who I love..)

Apparently there was not enough cash up front for WBA to buy a player of any value! Disgusting bully tactics again.

The good news is, he might have to drop down to Championship to get a game until January, we could get him. It's Euros next summer, he needs game time.

Not fully aware of all the facts here obviously, but I quite admire Peace in this instance.  It would seem Levy and Berahino's agent tried to force through a deal with no thought for WBA and their contract with the player. Levy has a lot of form for this. Too much player power and I think it good that Peace (and Kenwright with Stones) held firm this window. Based on his Twitter reaction I would much rather we buy Stones, rather than Berahino, when we get promoted.

This is mainly Spurs fault. They knew the price WBA wanted and kept p1ssing about below it. There is so much money in the Prem you can't bully other teams now. 

It would have been a great move for him, as big a club as he could get a game for. 

Obviously he shouldn't react like that but then again we don't know want happened behind the scenes. 

I'm a bit stuck on this one, cos of course like everyone else I assume he means he'll never play for Peace again.

But it really narked me the way Sky have reported it and quoted it as him saying he'd never play fro West Brom under Peace again.

That's not what he wrote at all, it might be what he meant but it's not what he wrote and it's really unprofessional journalism from Sky.

If I'm his agent I get him out of that easily. Anyone with half a brain will get him out of that easily.

He wrote that he was sad that he can't say how the club have treat him but he can officially say he'll never play Jeremy Peace.

That could just have easily meant he's gutted not to leave but he respects Peace's decision and he'll never force the issue by playing silly games like going on strike, in other words he's gutted but he's staying...

If he's got any sense he'll sue Sky for falsely reporting and he'll issue a reworded statement.

I suspect though by tweeting like that in the first place, sense is not high on his list of skills.

Apparently this is something Levy regularly does, just throws lowball offers to unsettle the player and to try to get them to force the transfer through. Hard to say if that's whats happened in this case, but it doesnt seem unlikely.

Isn't this something that every football club does? Trying to buy a player for the lowest possible price, the absolute cheek of him.

I really like Levy but then again, my family are Tottenham people. Shalom.

Isn't this something that every football club does? Trying to buy a player for the lowest possible price, the absolute cheek of him.

I really like Levy but then again, my family are Tottenham people. Shalom.

I suppose so, but there's a difference between starting low and moving up in price with your offer compared to starting really low and staying low.

Makes me laugh Spurs taking moral high ground saying they're disappointed WBA chose to make bids public. Spurs have been leaking snippets to the Mirror for weeks saying how they're going to make a bid and are confident of landing him "in the next 48hrs"

if Spurs had made a sensible offer, both in terms of structure and amount WBA wanted ( which was widely known) they would've got there man. But they tried to be smart and missed out.

im disappointed Berahino didn't go as this will all inevitably kick off again in January.

Makes me laugh Spurs taking moral high ground saying they're disappointed WBA chose to make bids public. Spurs have been leaking snippets to the Mirror for weeks saying how they're going to make a bid and are confident of landing him "in the next 48hrs"

if Spurs had made a sensible offer, both in terms of structure and amount WBA wanted ( which was widely known) they would've got there man. But they tried to be smart and missed out.

im disappointed Berahino didn't go as this will all inevitably kick off again in January.

Do you think he'll play in the meantime? If not, can we have him on loan for 3 months?

He's a stupid boy but I don't think even he's stupid enough to go on strike. International break has probably come at a good time as things can settle back down again.

as for joining you on loan i don't think his ego would allow him to drop down to championship football

Archived