One picture that sums up the MLS

Day

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Until MLS brings in some players more in their prime/younger it will not achieve any more respect in world football circles I get that. With that being said, Gerrard and Lampard will bring in some more fans, just as Kaka, Beckham, and others have done which is a good thing.

In regards to bringing in younger players that will be hard with players preferring to play in UEFA competitions, getting more of the spotlight on the world stage as it were, etc.

At the end of the day, as an American and its my national league ,I just want the MLS to begin to gain some more respect around the world, and yes I fully understand and agree that some things need to change before that can happen.

Until MLS brings in some players more in their prime/younger it will not achieve any more respect in world football circles I get that. With that being said, Gerrard and Lampard will bring in some more fans, just as Kaka, Beckham, and others have done which is a good thing.

In regards to bringing in younger players that will be hard with players preferring to play in UEFA competitions, getting more of the spotlight on the world stage as it were, etc.

At the end of the day, as an American and its my national league ,I just want the MLS to begin to gain some more respect around the world, and yes I fully understand and agree that some things need to change before that can happen.

You've got Giles Barnes, what more d'ya want??

Why all the hatred towards the MLS?

they are paying crazy salaries to the likes of Lampard but that is basically Man City's doing.

the rest of the league has a high percentage of domestic players and occassionally throws up a decent player or two.

Name 20 decent domestic players. Man City are not spending outrageous sums of money on players that can't hack it at the top level anymore. 

In regards to Man City,same bloke/group who owns them owns NYCFC.

The best American players yes have played in Europe until just past few years(Dempsey,Altidore,Bradley,Jones,etc.)But are now in MLS.

Some good domestic players bred in MLS if you will are Zusi,Besler,Zardes,etc.

In regards to Man City,same bloke/group who owns them owns NYCFC.

The best American players yes have played in Europe until just past few years(Dempsey,Altidore,Bradley,Jones,etc.)But are now in MLS.

Some good domestic players bred in MLS if you will are Zusi,Besler,Zardes,etc.

That's 7. For a population the size of America that is pretty poor but that's the point. I'll let you off as the MLS is what only 20 years old now? and it's not a major sport over there, a sport where Bradley Wright Phillips is a superstar. 

That's 7. For a population the size of America that is pretty poor but that's the point. I'll let you off as the MLS is what only 20 years old now? and it's not a major sport over there, a sport where Bradley Wright Phillips is a superstar. 

I think that's the main point really... We've had a football league for over 100 years... And it's still (arguably) the number one sport here... Over in the US it's MAYBE the 4th biggest sport? Although saying that I think Ice Hockey still has a bigger draw than the MLS...

I think that's the main point really... We've had a football league for over 100 years... And it's still (arguably) the number one sport here... Over in the US it's MAYBE the 4th biggest sport? Although saying that I think Ice Hockey still has a bigger draw than the MLS...

The average attendance in the MLS (20,000) is now larger than the NHL and the NBA. That is, however, offset by the fact that the NHL and NBA run stupidly long seasons playing 82 games before the playoffs even start.

The average attendance in the MLS (20,000) is now larger than the NHL and the NBA. That is, however, offset by the fact that the NHL and NBA run stupidly long seasons playing 82 games before the playoffs even start.

Plus there are 10 more teams in the NBA and they're both limited in stadium size by the size of the pitch/court/rink (sounds odd I know but it does make a difference!)

Archived