"Big Spending" Derby?

Burton_Ram

So the figures quoted in the list are misleading because some of the monies may be spread over a number of years, making them within the parameters of the rules.

I have noticed now that sometimes transfers are quote as "so and so has signed a three year contract in a deal worth £xxxxxxxx", which includes the fee and the players wages.

I think the point the poster was making is that QPR have already fallen foul of FFP rules, were threatened with a £65m fine and expulsion from the league if they did not pay up.

Here we are 2 years later, Blackburn, Forest and Leeds (who did nothing anywhere as near as bad as QPR) have transfer embargoes and QPR just carry on spending willy nilly. I am aware that QPR can probably afford to do this now because of parachute payments but they have only got them parachute payments because they broke the rules to get promoted to the Premier League.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the point the poster was making is that QPR have already fallen foul of FFP rules, were threatened with a £65m fine and expulsion from the league if they did not pay up.

Here we are 2 years later, Blackburn, Forest and Leeds (who did nothing anywhere as near as bad as QPR) have transfer embargoes and QPR just carry on spending willy nilly. I am aware that QPR can probably afford to do this now because of parachute payments but they have only got them parachute payments because they broke the rules to get promoted to the Premier League.

Sure QPR are taking the**** to a certain extent, but I have a bit of sympathy for Tony Fernandez .

Luongo 3m

Chery 2.28m

Polter 1.61m

Smithies 1.47m

Gladwin 500k

All those fees were from Transfermarkt and then they also had Perch who was the subject to 4 or 5 bids before Wigan finally accepted so I guessed it was a reasonable sized fee. I may have guessed a bit too high with the 1m figure for him but they've definitely spent at least 9m this window

Did they not also spend money buying that big youth from Brizzle City? Cant remember his name.

Used to play for Arsenal, Doncaster, Ipswich...

Archived