Signed: Jacob Butterfield

Heisenberg

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got the contract length wrong, but I am still confident in my source regards the £5m 'deal/package' with £4m up front. 

And these videos I really enjoyed... 

Looks a balllllllleeeerrrrrrrrr. 

your source got all this from overhearing a conversation in a greasy spoon six weeks ago?

Four year contract. 

Crikey, so if we do eventually reach the promised land in the next year or two, are we to assume he along with Bryson (4year contract last year) and others signed on long term deals will form the backbone for our team in the prem? They'll get murdered. This is always the issue with clubs desperately trying to get promoted - they buy good championship players on extended contracts and then if they do go up are upgraded anyway and are then sat kicking their heels up with the stiffs.

Good signing so l'm led to believe but wary that this doesn't automatically mean instant success.

I think the 4 year contract is to spread out fpp costs.  Guarantee there will be a queue of champ clubs to buy anybody from our successful midfield probably at a profit

Four year contract. 

Crikey, so if we do eventually reach the promised land in the next year or two, are we to assume he along with Bryson (4year contract last year) and others signed on long term deals will form the backbone for our team in the prem? They'll get murdered. This is always the issue with clubs desperately trying to get promoted - they buy good championship players on extended contracts and then if they do go up are upgraded anyway and are then sat kicking their heels up with the stiffs.

Good signing so l'm led to believe but wary that this doesn't automatically mean instant success.

I bet fans of Palace, Swansea, Stoke were all saying the same thing with the squads they had in the Championship before they got promoted.

Key as always is the mgt knowing which players will blossom in the Premier League and which won't, and therefore adding the right mix of additional ability and skill into the squad to sustain it.

Anyway - First quest is simply to get out of the Championship.

Of course I did. Maybe I should have just named my source within the club, thus scuppering any further information I might be able to share on here...? 

lol, i never said name your source, I have never named mine when I've had juicy information. I just wonder if the whole cafe story was neccessary.

I've just watched Fulham's game against Huddersfield the other week and come to a few conclusions, based purely on this game. 

If I was going to compare him to someone, it would be Kris Commons. He doesn't move too much, just drifts around in an advanced midfield position. It's not to say he doesn't put himself about when the ball his in his area, but he's not a runner. 

Technically, he and McCormack stood out. He's very good with both feet, he's got good vision and will look to create chances as quick as possible. However, I must warn that it comes with some wasteful moments. 

I do think he would struggle to play in a two man midfield, as he's very much an advanced midfielder. I noticed that he tends to drift on the left side of the pitch more than the right. 

I also think he would benefit hugely playing in a team that is more often in possession than Huddersfield. I can see why their fans are worried about him leaving, they're not a good side at all. Whitehead is really ponderous. 

He looks a very sound player, though. As I said, doesn't look too far off from what Commons was like during his time here. 

I've just watched Fulham's game against Huddersfield the other week and come to a few conclusions, based purely on this game. 

If I was going to compare him to someone, it would be Kris Commons. He doesn't move too much, just drifts around in an advanced midfield position. It's not to say he doesn't put himself about when the ball his in his area, but he's not a runner. 

Technically, he and McCormack stood out. He's very good with both feet, he's got good vision and will look to create chances as quick as possible. However, I must warn that it comes with some wasteful moments. 

I do think he would struggle to play in a two man midfield, as he's very much an advanced midfielder. I noticed that he tends to drift on the left side of the pitch more than the right. 

I also think he would benefit hugely playing in a team that is more often in possession than Huddersfield. I can see why their fans are worried about him leaving, they're not a good side at all. Whitehead is really ponderous. 

He looks a very sound player, though. As I said, doesn't look too far off from what Commons was like during his time here. 

Sounds Ideal... Part of the midfield trio but playing far enough forward to give Martin/Bent support... Good at through balls for runners (whether down the wing OR through the middle for Bent)... AND he can drift out wide when Ince drifts inside...

Butterfield and Johnson are excellent signings. As I am rarely right, I would just like to point out that I said more than once that Mel would spend £20 million.I guess that he must have paid £50-£80 million to buy the Club.What with his investments in the Academy and players, I wonder if he bought the stadium in the sense of paying it off? I would not think so.It represents a massive outlay, so I guess that we should all buy the next levels of Candy Crush.

Archived