Live Game Thread 15/16

sage

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good idea Sage, a few times yesterday I wanted to comment about what was on TV, but didn't want to start a thread.

I'm full of 'em/it. City 2 up, much the better team, especially first half.  Could work if you have a bet. I half city, city 2-1 and aguero first scorer

Liverpool vs Bournemouth was a bit boring wasn't it? Would have been a much better game had the officials done their job properly. All three promoted teams have fared well so far. 

Think Liverpool and Man Utd are going to be the real boring teams this year. 

It's very cliche but year after year how often do we see newly promoted clubs goings to the likes of Anfield, Old Trafford etc and come away on the end of horrific decisions. 

It's a very unforgiving league. 

It's clearly biased. I can't see how there is any arguement for it. The offside goal was a mistake, and it's far easier to just let it slide if it's the home team which scored it.

But disallowing Bournemouth's goal was blatantly a Liverpool-biased decision. It wasn't a mistake, it was just pure bias. 

If that was Liverpool scoring in-front of the Kop, there is absolutely no way the referee would have ruled it out because he would be condemned by the mob squad plus media and what not for getting it wrong.

In fact, he'd probably be demoted down to League One for next weekend. Yet because it's Bournemouth, it's swept under the carpet and that will be that.

That said, Bournemouth's fate will be decided by results against those around them. Anything against the big clubs away is just a bonus really, considering the odds are massively stacked against you.

It's clearly biased. I can't see how there is any arguement for it. The offside goal was a mistake, and it's far easier to just let it slide if it's the home team which scored it.

But disallowing Bournemouth's goal was blatantly a Liverpool-biased decision. It wasn't a mistake, it was just pure bias. 

If that was Liverpool scoring in-front of the Kop, there is absolutely no way the referee would have ruled it out because he would be condemned by the mob squad plus media and what not for getting it wrong.

In fact, he'd probably be demoted down to League One for next weekend. Yet because it's Bournemouth, it's swept under the carpet and that will be that.

That said, Bournemouth's fate will be decided by results against those around them. Anything against the big clubs away is just a bonus really, considering the odds are massively stacked against you.

The Liverpool goal was clearly offside, but the Bournemouth goal should have been disallowed as well - albeit a bit soft.

Not exactly live on TV but:

Wolves 2-0 QPR

Hull 1-0 Fulham

Can see both Wolves and Hull in the top six this season. I knew QPR would struggle, their manager is average and their players are still pretty much the overhyped lot who was with them last season.

Streams count

I said at the start of the season it will be Hull, Boro, Wolves, Burnley and us, with on surprise package for top 6. Despite our steady start I still think the same.

Streams count

I said at the start of the season it will be Hull, Boro, Wolves, Burnley and us, with on surprise package for top 6. Despite our steady start I still think the same.

Looking at my top six, I had Boro, Hull, Wolves, Burnley, Ipswich, Derby in that order too I think.

The Championship is becoming more predictable. I know there are a few surprises along the way, but I think it's predictable in that you can all-but write 60% of the league from making the top six just because of the problems they have.

I can't believe people were tipping Bolton to do well. They're in a right mess.

Bristol City are a bit of a weird one. When has Steve Cotterill ever got a team doing well (top six well) at this level? As harsh as it sounds, especially after last season, but they should probably replace him while they're still an attractiv proposition.

Ipswich are doing ok so far, Not a great team, but they have 4 forwards who score goals. 

Their biggest single asset is Mick McCarthy. Under him, you just know what you're going to get. It won't be pretty, but it sure is effective. A solid defence, plenty of goals from set pieces and a formidable home record.

With McCarthy, they're pretty much guaranteed a top half finish. Considering they have goal scoring strikers and a solid centre-back partnership, they'll get over 70 points this season and a probable playoff spot.

Their biggest single asset is Mick McCarthy. Under him, you just know what you're going to get. It won't be pretty, but it sure is effective. A solid defence, plenty of goals from set pieces and a formidable home record.

With McCarthy, they're pretty much guaranteed a top half finish. Considering they have goal scoring strikers and a solid centre-back partnership, they'll get over 70 points this season and a probable playoff spot.

Yeah. Boring, ugly and good. 

There's been about 70 games played in the championship so far & half of them have been draws! 35. 

I suggest that you halve both figures.

35 games, 18 draws.

Archived