Derby County v Middlesbrough

Mafiabob

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No one going for Pearce on the bench even? When will he get another chance I wonder?

I'd only have two defenders and would put one of the U21 midfielders there just in case we had another couple of injuries as our current options are to switch Baird in or bring in Dawkins. I'd have thought Bunjaku was the most "Hughes-like" if we want high technical ability.

I do think it's unprofessional not to have an out-and-outmidfielder on the bench - we should be prepared for every eventuality. Given we were already losing and struggling when the two were injured, I'd have brought Dawkins and Bent on, playing a 4-2-3-1 with Bent up top and Martin dropping slightly deeper, and Dawkins alongside Thorne. Now with Warnock struggling with a knock, we could have lost the chance for attacking substitutions. Let's hope not.

If Warnock's run it off and confirms he's able to complete the match, then surely Bent has to come on sooner rather than later, but I'm struggling to see how we can get him into the game at this point unless Weimann comes off.

Archived