Floyd Mayweather v Ronda Rousey

Posh Ram

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't be serious? Going off the fact Money is possibly the best there ever has been against not only a female, but one who has no competition whatsoever... and not forgetting Floyd is pretty handy at beating women...

Ronda by armbar in the 1st.

"one way or another, we're going to hit the ground, and we'll be in my world. The ground is my ocean, I'm the shark, and most people don't even know how to swim." "A boxer is like a lion, the greatest predator on land. But you throw him in the shark tank and he's just another meal."

I like Ronda but when you have 10 fights and your total time in the cage is 12 minutes something is going on there, it's like the La Liga without Real Madrid, literally no other competition like Barca. Need some big butch Russian bird to come into UFC and knock her around for a few rounds. Should never be putting her on PPV, one advert lasts longer than her fights.

I like Ronda but when you have 10 fights and your total time in the cage is 12 minutes something is going on there, it's like the La Liga without Real Madrid, literally no other competition like Barca. Need some big butch Russian bird to come into UFC and knock her around for a few rounds. Should never be putting her on PPV, one advert lasts longer than her fights.

In the last 15 years, number of different champions 

In Spain: 5

in England:4

No idea why you brought this up

I also agree that Mayweather would win. One hard punch and he'd knock her out. Coupled with that his defensive ability would mean that he could take a lot of hits from her. Most of my friends disagree though. I think it would be an excuting fight regardless.

I don't see what would be exciting about this, Its verging on silly. PR. Ronda is fantastic and I watch all her fights. but if you watched Beneil Dariush fight last night versus Johnson for example, you'd see an elite grappler fought a 'boxer' and not once did he take him down to the canvas. One small punch on any part of the body at any point from Mayweather. and Rousey would be toast. Ronda would submit most average men, she's that good, but she would have a hard time against an average professional male boxer let alone an undefeated world champion. 

Add to that there is no other boxer who can avoid even getting touched than Mayweather. He hides the whole fight long so there is another factor. 

Lol at some of these comments, so now a pro boxer with ZERO knockout power has the grappling ability to stop an Olympic medalist at judo from taking him down???? Anyone who trains mma/wrestling/judo or Bjj knows what would go down... Aka James Toney v Randy Couture!

• 3 months later...

Thing is, an elite level boxer would always destoy an MMA fighter who isn't renowned for their boxing skills.

Holly Holms wasn't any ordinary boxer either, she's a world class boxer with amazing footwork, technique and inside-ring intelligence. Ronda Rousey was always going to get beat unless she managed to close the distance.

But elite level boxers can defend, get out of tight situations with amazing footwork, cut off the ring and most importantly in this case know how to work distances.

Holly is a southpaw and was tagging her all the time with her right hand, just keeping the distance and not getting in too close. The amount of times she threw a left and connected was brilliant timing.

I have no doubt Ronda is awesome at what she does, but she isn't a boxer and it would take her at least a decade of proper boxing training to get anywhere near the level capable enough to go toe-to-toe with someone like Holly.

They said pre-fight it was a complete mis-match. The MMA experts proved they know feck all when it comes to elite level boxing because they predicted Ronda to win easily.

Ronda isn't used to getting hit, has no experience of taking punch after punch to the face, 11 fights is it over within 2 minutes? on the floor she will destroy you, as Holm showed, keeping her off the ground and punching is the way to beat her. Surprised it's took so long for someone to hammer her like this. 

Needs to take a few whacks in training, learn how to deal with it and keep her defence up, head just went and left herself too open chasing.

Found it difficult to watch tbh, might be sexist but it just doesn't feel right watching women get smashed in the face like that.

14 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Thing is, an elite level boxer would always destoy an MMA fighter who isn't renowned for their boxing skills.

Holly Holms wasn't any ordinary boxer either, she's a world class boxer with amazing footwork, technique and inside-ring intelligence. Ronda Rousey was always going to get beat unless she managed to close the distance.

But elite level boxers can defend, get out of tight situations with amazing footwork, cut off the ring and most importantly in this case know how to work distances.

Holly is a southpaw and was tagging her all the time with her right hand, just keeping the distance and not getting in too close. The amount of times she threw a left and connected was brilliant timing.

I have no doubt Ronda is awesome at what she does, but she isn't a boxer and it would take her at least a decade of proper boxing training to get anywhere near the level capable enough to go toe-to-toe with someone like Holly.

They said pre-fight it was a complete mis-match. The MMA experts proved they know feck all when it comes to elite level boxing because they predicted Ronda to win easily.

Possibly as wrong a statement as you could ever hope to make. 9 times out of 10 a pure grappler will beat a pure striker. This has been proven in the UFC time and time and time again. 

The reason Rousey lost is that she's a massive hype job, and decided pig headedly to take on a world class boxer at her own game, a boxer who also is an excellent kickboxer and has trained MMA and grappling for years.

This boxer is better than MMA attitude is just completely wrong, the minute the boxer gets to the mat the fight is over. 

Archived