Sign in to follow this  
rezner

upcoming gigs

NJot too much on the horizon because a few of my favourite bands seem to have fogotten that Nottingham/Leicester/Derby exist ūüôĄ

Got 3 booked though,

The Struts at Rock City (17th Feb).
Red Rum Club at Rough Trade Notts (21st March)  - brilliant new band from Liverpool, some classic songwriting, indie/pop with mariachi horns & stuff.
Luke Sital-Singh @ The Bodega (17th April)

I feel much better now with memories
But some stay razor sharp and always cut me
I wish I understood you easily
I wish I had the vision now to help you see

I've been walking half asleep
I feel safer when I'm dreaming
The bigger half of me wants to burn the world away
But you told me honestly
You will not grow old with your body young
You will not go home till the night is done.

DCFC - not the sort of thing I'd usually go to see and I was easily the oldest person in the room, but they were really good, so thanks again @reveldevil.

Other things coming up at Rock City that I'd be tempted by; Black Grape, The Stranglers, FLC, The Wailers. 

Off to Manchester tomorrow for Massive Attack, weather permitting, then Derby Cathedral on Friday for The Sixteen doing Monteverdi's Vespers. 

Going to see Tears for fears with Alison Moyet as a support with the missus at the Resorts World(NEC) on 12th

At least it will help banish Take That destroying ‚Äúeveryone wants to rule the world‚ÄĚ from my memory.

Edited by Zag zig

41 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Going to see Tears for fears with Alison Moyet as a support with the missus at the Resorts World(NEC) on 12th

At least it will help banish Take That destroying ‚Äúeveryone wants to rule the world‚ÄĚ from my memory.

Zag zig you will enjoy the night. Alison Moyet was on stage at 7.30 and the arena was full. Tears for fears were great. Enjoy your night and forget about take that murdering everyone wants to rule the world.

3 hours ago, BarrowRam said:

Zag zig you will enjoy the night. Alison Moyet was on stage at 7.30 and the arena was full. Tears for fears were great. Enjoy your night and forget about take that murdering everyone wants to rule the world.

Cheers , was hoping you would say that, now really looking forward to it.

This week I've got a shoegaze double bill of 93 Million Miles from the Sun and also (Nottingham's!) Spotlight Kid up in Dalston - murder capital of London when I first moved here. Still not somewhere I normally venture, but apparently it's been gentrified. 

Saw The Howl and the Hum last night.  Highly recommend them if you like indie music.  Lead singer very good. No first album yet, but a few tracks can be found on the YouTube. 

14 hours ago, reveldevil said:

Don't blame me, my post was an innocent pun on Mezzanine being a raised floor, and therefore roof.

Being pedantic, the roof would still be at the same height, wouldn't it?

Mine was an innocent pun on the quality of Ariana Grande's performance.