Sign in to follow this  
rezner

upcoming gigs

Wanted to see The Darkness and Ghost in Bristol over the next couple of weeks, but I'm coming back up to Derby beforehand so going to miss them both.

Definitely considering Download next year

22 hours ago, reveldevil said:

Glad you enjoyed New Order, new albums great isn't it?

To be honest, Prince is as good as the moosius' tastes gets, but I draw the line at Take That or Robbie Williams!

Not got it, my mate I went with has though and will probably lend it me in about 6 months time.

Me and a mate, actually run our better halves all the way to Sunderland to see them last nice boys. Went to the bookies, pub and waited 30 minutes for them to come out Fortunately when she came out, being in good books, I showed her how a real man performed back in the hotel ;)

Saw Apocalyptica the other week.  Very entertaining.

Have the following lined up...

Machine Head

Therapy?

Mushroomhead / American Head Charge

Clint Mansell

Babymetal

Fancying the look of Download next year too...

On 4 December 2015 at 23:08, Zag zig said:

Wondered if there was a gig thread, funny you mention Whitesnake, going to see them back Def Leppard in Notts next Sun as treat for a mate.

Share you're problem, reluctantly I'm going to take mine to see Duran Duran 2 days before the Def Leppard gig, hopefully wake me up from my slumber.

Have to say Duran Duran were none too shabby, despite a little bulk, Simon Le Bon and gang matched the stage show with enough set to see why a audience of 40 year olds plus, still swoon over his looks and vocal chords. The real bonus was Seal was the support and that mans voice is something else. He was even stronger singing the likes of Crazy and a Kis from a Rose.

By contrast in the way of now for something completely different, Def Leppard still rock well. Amazing so many of the original line up together and no real change since 92, some going for a rock band. Joe Elliot works a crowd well, saying you're quieter than Newcastle raised the volume somewhat! Already spoke about Whitesnake on the download thread, but another bonus was the Black Star Riders (never heard of them, but saw last couple of tracks which finished with a rendition of Whisky in the Jar), guess from their accent an Irish band and could have closed my eyes and believed every bit I was listening to Thin Lizzy when they did.

On 10/09/2015 at 12:04, Bilbo said:

I went to see The Libertines on Monday at Rock City. They were basically the best thing I have ever seen. Pete seems to gotten over his demons and has channelled them into the thing he does best, playing guitar. It was a great bit of nostalgia to see them at a venue so small, the whole place was jumping and singing EVERY word back to them like an indie choir. Never seen anything like it.

Coming up I've got - 

26/09 - The Bluetones - Birmingham O2 Academy
30/10 - Peter Hook and the Light - Manchester Ritz (Joy Division Special)
01/12 - The Courteeners - Leicester O2 Academy
13/12 - Idlewild - Nottingham Rock City

Also, if anyone fancies a pre gig pint, holla!

Peter Hook "Joy Division special" is Erm. ......special.

Played The Venue, Derby recently.  I came over all uneccessary from start to finish, made a bit of a guiness driven spectacle of myself.  

And I don't care who knows it.

Is it just me?, but please please can we get a decent larger gig venue in Derby before we get use to going to the 'darkside' with a NG postcode or even further afield.Seen fabulous gigs all over the country,but be nice if we didn't need travel and hotels elsewhere.Come on Derby/Derbyshire sort it out.Please

Foals + Everything Everything - NIA, Brum - 19th Feb
Muse - NIA - 2nd April
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis - Capital FM Arena, Snotts - 24th April.

Add those to having not long seen Guy Garvey, Imagine Dragons and Royal Blood in the last few months, loving it. They've all been fantastic. Cannot wait for Muse.

I've been to 3 recently. Sonny Landreth in London and Mike Zito in Newcastle [ after 50 plus years as a Rams fan, man I got the Blues...]. plus China Crisis at the Cavern Club last week before the Brighton game. They are great live.

Music and football. Add alcohol and family and that's me!

Fess up time, I've just been suckered as a last minute driver replacement, into taking my 20 and 15 year old nieces along with 2 friends to see some band called All time low at Birmingham N.I.A Saturday ( after the Rams win of course)

Just about to hit Youtube and find out what they are about, but somehow feel it could be embarrassing!

Sharing the moment though because I'm also peeing myself that I'm going to feel like Benny Hill come 8.00 p.m that night :ph34r:

eddie
7 hours ago, Zag zig said:

Fess up time, I've just been suckered as a last minute driver replacement, into taking my 20 and 15 year old nieces along with 2 friends to see some band called All time low at Birmingham N.I.A Saturday ( after the Rams win of course)

Just about to hit Youtube and find out what they are about, but somehow feel it could be embarrassing!

Sharing the moment though because I'm also peeing myself that I'm going to feel like Benny Hill come 8.00 p.m that night :ph34r:

Dangerous taking young uns to gigs.

Luckily mine were into Sabbath and Priest from an early age.