upcoming gigs

rezner

4 hours ago, BOB BIGGS said:

Family apart, my main interests in life are football, birdwatching and music. Not everyone’s cup of tea, I know?

Yesterday, I saw a Common Crane, a fairly rare bird for Northumberland, in the morning; Derby won in the afternoon and I went to Edinburgh last night to see Billy Branch and the Sons of Blues. He’s as good a blues harmonica player as you get.

What a great day?

I didn't realise Cranes still came to the uk. They fairly rare then?

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

I didn't realise Cranes still came to the uk. They fairly rare then?

There's always a few in East Anglia nowadays and then others get scattered around in Spring and Autumn when on migration and the winds send them off track.

1 hour ago, BOB BIGGS said:

There's always a few in East Anglia nowadays and then others get scattered around in Spring and Autumn when on migration and the winds send them off track.

Do they ever stay here or just a stopover on their way to somewhere else?

Have you ever been to the bird sanctuary in the Somme estuary? First time I has seen cranes properly before ans was awesome.

17 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

Do they ever stay here or just a stopover on their way to somewhere else?

Have you ever been to the bird sanctuary in the Somme estuary? First time I has seen cranes properly before ans was awesome.

A few breed in Suffolk and Norfolk and there’s usually a decent number in winter at Hickling in Norfolk. I haven’t seen the birds in France but saw 1000s in Extremadura in Spain a few years ago. 

• 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, Stagtime said:

Going to see The Stranglers at the Tivoli again on Sunday. Squeeze were going to play next Wednesday but have cancelled there tour here, shattered about that.F93D929A-B424-48B9-9B68-9C31AC85A8BB.jpeg.dc44e9392de6291e345faa82e91e1077.jpeg

That font is a disgrace. ? 

Always forget this thread. A Toronto two-piece called Cleopatrick coming up in a few days. Sometimes known as "The boys". 

Later that week it's Inhaler, featuring Bono's boy on lead vocals. As you can imagine they've had money thrown at them. 

Then Yorkshire boys King No One at what was once upon a time called The Barfly. 

Debbie Harry and Chris Stein in conversation too. 

Archived