upcoming gigs

rezner

NJot too much on the horizon because a few of my favourite bands seem to have fogotten that Nottingham/Leicester/Derby exist ?

Got 3 booked though,

The Struts at Rock City (17th Feb).
Red Rum Club at Rough Trade Notts (21st March)  - brilliant new band from Liverpool, some classic songwriting, indie/pop with mariachi horns & stuff.
Luke Sital-Singh @ The Bodega (17th April)

I feel much better now with memories
But some stay razor sharp and always cut me
I wish I understood you easily
I wish I had the vision now to help you see

I've been walking half asleep
I feel safer when I'm dreaming
The bigger half of me wants to burn the world away
But you told me honestly
You will not grow old with your body young
You will not go home till the night is done.

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DCFC - not the sort of thing I'd usually go to see and I was easily the oldest person in the room, but they were really good, so thanks again @reveldevil.

Other things coming up at Rock City that I'd be tempted by; Black Grape, The Stranglers, FLC, The Wailers. 

Off to Manchester tomorrow for Massive Attack, weather permitting, then Derby Cathedral on Friday for The Sixteen doing Monteverdi's Vespers. 

41 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Going to see Tears for fears with Alison Moyet as a support with the missus at the Resorts World(NEC) on 12th

At least it will help banish Take That destroying “everyone wants to rule the world” from my memory.

Zag zig you will enjoy the night. Alison Moyet was on stage at 7.30 and the arena was full. Tears for fears were great. Enjoy your night and forget about take that murdering everyone wants to rule the world.

3 hours ago, BarrowRam said:

Zag zig you will enjoy the night. Alison Moyet was on stage at 7.30 and the arena was full. Tears for fears were great. Enjoy your night and forget about take that murdering everyone wants to rule the world.

Cheers , was hoping you would say that, now really looking forward to it.

14 hours ago, reveldevil said:

Don't blame me, my post was an innocent pun on Mezzanine being a raised floor, and therefore roof.

Being pedantic, the roof would still be at the same height, wouldn't it?

Mine was an innocent pun on the quality of Ariana Grande's performance. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/02/2019 at 17:58, BarrowRam said:

Wasn’t disappointed mate, tell you what though, hasn’t Alison Moyet stillgotsome voice? She could easily be a headline act, shame she only had time for around 8ish tracks.

2 hours ago, Zag zig said:

Wasn’t disappointed mate, tell you what though, hasn’t Alison Moyet stillgotsome voice? She could easily be a headline act, shame she only had time for around 8ish tracks.

Glad you enjoyed it zag zig. Alison Moyet could still be the headline act. We watched tears for fears on radio 2 in concert. We didn’t know if we should get tickets or not. Then we found out she was the support act. We booked the tickets straight away. 

Archived