upcoming gigs

rezner

Anybody going to see a band or a gig of some sort. Plonk it here and give a review after if you want.

I'm going to see Bernie Marsden(he's a guitar hero of mine,ex of Whitesnake and UFO) at the Flower Pot in September.

Also going to the Carnival of Souls at Notts Arena (Black Stone Cherry,Halestorm and Shinedown) Can't wait for that,though I've got to as it's in January.

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was just looking at gigs for when I'm back down in Bristol.

Probably going for Skindred, The Darkness, Bowling For Soup and Sabaton + Alestorm co headline show.

Hopefully a few more pop up with tours as well

Bowling for Soup are cracking live. Might go to Rock city to see them again.

• 5 weeks later...

I went to see The Libertines on Monday at Rock City. They were basically the best thing I have ever seen. Pete seems to gotten over his demons and has channelled them into the thing he does best, playing guitar. It was a great bit of nostalgia to see them at a venue so small, the whole place was jumping and singing EVERY word back to them like an indie choir. Never seen anything like it.

Coming up I've got - 

26/09 - The Bluetones - Birmingham O2 Academy
30/10 - Peter Hook and the Light - Manchester Ritz (Joy Division Special)
01/12 - The Courteeners - Leicester O2 Academy
13/12 - Idlewild - Nottingham Rock City

Also, if anyone fancies a pre gig pint, holla!

I went to see The Libertines on Monday at Rock City. They were basically the best thing I have ever seen. Pete seems to gotten over his demons and has channelled them into the thing he does best, playing guitar. 

Aaaanddd....tour is suspended due to a "medical emergency"

And I love the bluetones.

I'd love to go to gig's, but my wife and I have completely different musical tastes, so that's an impossibility! 

The last gig we went to, she spent the whole evening moaning until I had little choice but to smite Win Butler of Arcade Fire down with a bottle, forcing him to promise never to visit shitty Nottingham again.

Next time she forces me to see Prince the midgets getting a cup full of piss.

I'd love to go to gig's, but my wife and I have completely different musical tastes, so that's an impossibility! 

The last gig we went to, she spent the whole evening moaning until I had little choice but to smite Win Butler of Arcade Fire down with a bottle, forcing him to promise never to visit shitty Nottingham again.

I saw Prince in the 80s, two consecutive nights. First was brilliant,  second one was awful. Moody little so and so. Great guitarist. 

I think you and I should consider spending our dotage together. No bum fun obviously, but I think we would get on just fine.

• 2 months later...
On 9 August 2015 01:10:20, rezner said:

Anybody going to see a band or a gig of some sort. Plonk it here and give a review after if you want.

I'm going to see Bernie Marsden(he's a guitar hero of mine,ex of Whitesnake and UFO) at the Flower Pot in September.

Wondered if there was a gig thread, funny you mention Whitesnake, going to see them back Def Leppard in Notts next Sun as treat for a mate.

On 11 September 2015 23:57:14, reveldevil said:

Share you're problem, reluctantly I'm going to take mine to see Duran Duran 2 days before the Def Leppard gig, hopefully wake me up from my slumber.

Saw New Order at Wolverhampton civic just over a week back, still got enough in the locker to do a good un. Just the sort of venue for them to excel.

10 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Wondered if there was a gig thread, funny you mention Whitesnake, going to see them back Def Leppard in Notts next Sun as treat for a mate.

Share you're problem, reluctantly I'm going to take mine to see Duran Duran 2 days before the Def Leppard gig, hopefully wake me up from my slumber.

Saw New Order at Wolverhampton civic just over a week back, still got enough in the locker to do a good un. Just the sort of venue for them to excel.

Glad you enjoyed New Order, new albums great isn't it?

To be honest, Prince is as good as the moosius' tastes gets, but I draw the line at Take That or Robbie Williams!

Archived