"So glad I don't live in Derby anymore..."

drgoodspeak

What the hell is this? How is this an article on the DET? It popped up on newsnow and I can't figure out why someone's comment makes it onto its own page.

It was bad enough before I even saw the last sentence. You know what Kath? I actually dont want you to get started.

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/thankful-don-t-live-Derby-city-anymore/story-27522430-detail/story.html?

"I HAVE long been thankful that I no longer live in an area covered by Derby City Council. I very rarely find anything positive in your newspaper, online or the letters page, to praise the council about the closure of the Cattle Market and Wholesale Market ("Go-ahead given for flattening of cattle and wholesale markets", July 16).

Surely, to save both organisations, what is left of the Wholesale Market could have been moved into the Cattle Market site, therefore saving both money as the council could have redeveloped the Wholesale Market site, and allowed us to keep the wonderful, necessary and traditional Cattle Market.

In addition, how was such a decision made so very quickly when the University of Derby nearly missed out on the copper building as the planning department couldn't possibly make a decision in the time the university needed for refurbishment?

And don't get me started on the vast amount of money being spent by Derby County when Nigel Clough's brief was to reduce the huge wage bill and debts.

Mrs K Bingham

Thereby Crest

Draycott"

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dear Mrs Bingham

We, the residents of Derby, are actually considering throwing a street party now that there is no longer an incessant whine coming from your direction. Unfortunately, I now understand that the good residents of Draycott are considering installing triple glazing in order to insulate themselves from the monotonous drone emanating from your general environs. The expense will be astronomical

Piss off, you silly old trout.

Dear Mrs Bingham

We, the residents of Derby, are actually considering throwing a street party now that there is no longer an incessant whine coming from your direction. Unfortunately, I now understand that the good residents of Draycott are considering installing triple glazing in order to insulate themselves from the monotonous drone emanating from your general environs. The expense will be astronomical

Come on now say what you think, no sitting on the fence :D 

Dear Mrs Bingham

Watch your mouth, that's my misses you're talking about!

You're right though!

Watch your mouth, that's my misses you're talking about!

You're right though!

I think I'm having one of those 'upsetting people' nights.

PistoldPete2

I guess the cattle market doesn't benefit the people of Derby, only the farmers in surrounding villages. Maybe the county council should take it over , would make more sense. Whatever the commercial justification for closing it, it's sad that the last vestiges of Derby as a market town are being wiped out. The eagle market and market hall are also dying on their feet. 

Anyway hope it doesn't affect matchday parking which was quite good value. 

I guess the cattle market doesn't benefit the people of Derby, only the farmers in surrounding villages. Maybe the county council should take it over , would make more sense. Whatever the commercial justification for closing it, it's sad that the last vestiges of Derby as a market town are being wiped out. The eagle market and market hall are also dying on their feet. 

Anyway hope it doesn't affect matchday parking which was quite good value. 

I bet they build a bloody great shopping centre on Cockpit Hill next.

Dear Mrs Bingham

90c924a3a8d78aa52f219ad5f1034b08.400x272

Archived