Signings from madrid

FrostedRam

I understand that sometimes coaches return to their old clubs and take players that they saw potential in or have a close tie with and I fully understand that our coach was at Real Madrid. But why are all our fans admanet whenever we talk about signing players or suggest players we will be getting someone from Madrid or Spain.

i noticed today that MK Dons have announced the signing of the Madrid Castilla captain, the second player from the Madrid reserves they have signed this summer.

if we were to be signing players from Madrid (reserves) surely clement would have signed someone from there by now

rant over

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I understand that sometimes coaches return to their old clubs and take players that they saw potential in or have a close tie with and I fully understand that our coach was at Real Madrid. But why are all our fans admanet whenever we talk about signing players or suggest players we will be getting someone from Madrid or Spain.

i noticed today that MK Dons have announced the signing of the Madrid Castilla captain, the second player from the Madrid reserves they have signed this summer.

if we were to be signing players from Madrid (reserves) surely clement would have signed someone from there by now

rant over

It's only a guess, but maybe he's not interested and doesn't think they will improve us.  

Where has Mascarell gone ?

He's had a bit of a s***tter really hasn't he? Just coming into the first team squad picture under a coach who really rated him... Went out on loan for a season and came back injured to a new coach... so no way to impress in pre-season!

It's unlikely that Real will have anything we need. The B/Castilla team is only there so the two or three players in any one age group who might make it actually have someone to play with, and the vast majority of their team-mates will rarely be anything other than lower league Spanish players.

Pretty much every player in that squad will either be way too good for us, or way below our standard. Very rare there would be anything in between.

On another note, how influential is clement with signings for Derby?

i read not too long ago, the coach suggests departments and the recruitment team find players suited to that role, majority if the signings made would of been here regardless of the coach in place

If we sign someone from Castilla, I'll start to doubt if Clement really is right man to be in charge...

Poor team with poor manager.

Giver over.

He's had a bit of a s***tter really hasn't he? Just coming into the first team squad picture under a coach who really rated him... Went out on loan for a season and came back injured to a new coach... so no way to impress in pre-season!

Rafa will give him a shot ! 

It's unlikely that Real will have anything we need.

I've mentioned it elsewhere but jack harper to Brighton is a potentially great signing.

I like the look of borja mayoral too.

both older than hughesy when he broke through.

Think he has identified marcelo for lbk slot and modric to sit deep alongside thorne and dictate play.... rumours of benzema coming in on loan as back up for super chris..... over to you sam :D

Derby England Loyal asked me to tell you to stop being silly and that THEY'RE NOT COMING

I can understand maybe if he wanted to bring a player here that he quite liked but as for this theory that his 'friends at Real' will do us favours....they did sack him you know.... He's not likely to be on the best terms with Real at the moment. They might be still a bit peeved at the whole 'no trophies last season palaver'.

Archived