Emil Riis (Under 17) bought from Randers FC (Denmark)

DenmarkRam

Danish media reports that Derby County have bought the Danish youth player Emil Riis (under 17) after he scored 8 goals in 4 matches for Derby. He is born 24/06/1998 and signed a 3 years contract. 

No word of the transfer fee.

He have played 8 matches for the Danish U-16 end U-17 national team a scored 1 goal. 

On Randers FC homepage he tells that he was impressed by the set-up at Derby County and the pace of the U-21 and U18 games. 

http://www.bold.dk/nyt/randers-saelger-u17-topscorer-til-derby

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Danish media reports that Derby County have bought the Danish youth player Emil Riis (under 17) after he scored 8 goals in 4 matches for Derby. He is born 24/06/1998 and signed a 3 years contract. 

He have played 8 matches for the Danish U-16 end U-17 national team a scored 1 goal. 

On Randers FC homepage he tells that he was impressed by the set-up at Derby County and the pace of the U-21 and U18 games. 

Almost a year younger than me *shudder* :pinch:

Good spot. Know of him personally?

Found this article from when he was 15.. http://www.randersfc.dk/?side=7530

(translated to English)

Randers FC SIGNS CONTRACT WITH EMIL RIIS

The goalscoring U15 striker Emil Riis Jakobsen, has signed a three-year contract with Randers FC. Emil Riis changed two years ago to Randers Freja from Hobro.

Talent Manager Peter Elstrup congratulate here Emil Riis with both the birthday and the 3-year contract.
On his 15th birthday Emil Riis put his name on a contract with Randers FC, valid for the next three seasons. And this is a young man with goals in the boots, which next year will play in the U17 league team in Randers Freja. Emil Riis has been top scorer in all of its four and a half seasons in Randers Freja, and last week he became the top scorer in the international All Stars Cup in Prague. Emil Riis scored in the tournament two goals against Valencia CF, two goals against Dynamo Ceske Budejovice, and a goal against Victoria Plzen, CSKA Moscow, Olympique Marseille and Fenerbahce SK.
On Saturday played Randers Freja's U15 team as last match of the tournament, and here they lost 3-4 to AaB have won the series. In this struggle it became a hat-trick from Emil Riis.
U17 coach Rasmus Bertelsen, who are responsible for Emil Riis next season, said:
- First and foremost, Emil a natural scorer. Besides being a fierce fierce shot, he is the kind of striker who can create chances for himself with clever dribbling and speed. Claus Stenum and Rasmus Gisselgrund have made a good job with him the last seasons.
- There are also things like Emil must work hard to take the next step in its development. His pressing skill must be improved, and he must work to maintain the ball better in the move. But his potential is huge, and it will be interesting to follow him forward.
Emil Riis says even if the contract with Randers FC:
- I am happy to sign with Randers FC. This is something I have dreamed of for ages. I am happy that the club has given me the opportunity, and will now work hard to prove that they have done the right thing. I look forward to the challenge of the new U17 team after the summer.
Already in autumn debuted Emil Riis on the U17 team, and Pentecost was the team in Holland to the tournament, where the team went to the top include via three goals of Riis. Finally, Emil Riis at the weekend to participate in DBU's U15 talent hits from the upcoming U16 national team shall be taken.
-Ordinarily The young striker into the school of Elite Sports School on Nørrevang School, where he this week completes the 8th grade.

I'm old enough to be his Dad (or Grandad in Nottingham)

I assume he was recommended by the Randers manager?

No word about have he ended up in Derby C. He have been training before with Fulham.

by the way... some danish "debaters" think it's an "interesting" move for him. But quite a lot don't think english football is the right place to go, if you are a young player... ! Not much about why... but most of then think that fx Germany is a better place to go if you are young and need to improve your skills... ! 

No word about have he ended up in Derby C. He have been training before with Fulham.

by the way... some danish "debaters" think it's an "interesting" move for him. But quite a lot don't think english football is the right place to go, if you are a young player... ! Not much about why... but most of then think that fx Germany is a better place to go if you are young and need to improve your skills... ! 

I suspect it's all down to the reputation of the game in different countries... It's fair to say that Spain and Germany have produced more technically gifted players in the last 10-15 years...

However, I'd say that joining a club on the up with a top class training academy and where there will be slightly less pressure to succeed could be good for him... Also... Unless he was going to the likes of Barcelona, Bayern or Dortmund he's just as well off with us... 

I suspect it's all down to the reputation of the game in different countries... It's fair to say that Spain and Germany have produced more technically gifted players in the last 10-15 years...

However, I'd say that joining a club on the up with a top class training academy and where there will be slightly less pressure to succeed could be good for him... Also... Unless he was going to the likes of Barcelona, Bayern or Dortmund he's just as well off with us... 

The Championship improves year on year for young talent to be nurtured. This is a tough league. Many teams in this second tier league could walk straight into the top flight leagues of other European nations. People focus too much on the Premier League when referring to English Football. 

Welcome Emil!

We may have knowledge of Denmark, at least there's been quite a few Danish players in our shirt. I'm pretty sure Bisgaard was Randers born...

Bisgaard, Laursen, Beck, Albrectsen and now Riis. Am I missing someone?

Welcome Emil!

We may have knowledge of Denmark, at least there's been quite a few Danish players in our shirt. I'm pretty sure Bisgaard was Randers born...

Bisgaard, Laursen, Beck, Albrectsen and now Riis. Am I missing someone?

I am impressed Dimmu. Your right... Bisgaard have played for Randers at a young age... 

Think you got them all, Dimmu. Bisgaard and Laursen had a got spell at DCFC... Albrectsen and Beck... :(!

So for now its fifty - fifty... :):) 

I am impressed Dimmu. Your right... Bisgaard have played for Randers at a young age... 

Think you got them all, Dimmu. Bisgaard and Laursen had a got spell at DCFC... Albrectsen and Beck... :(!

So for now its fifty - fifty... :):) 

Don't be. Just random knowledge I pumped into on my travels, I seriously don't know much about Danish football.

Emil Riis Jakobson - looks like a smart move. i wonder why he did not go to Fulham? Three year contract at Derby with the facilities is hard tom turn down with a good chance of making it into U21s soon if he is scoring goals.

Archived