Estate pubs...

uttoxram75

...are there any still open near you?

You know the ones I mean.

You'd never know it was there unless you live within 300 yards of it.

Certain seats were "taken" even if they're empty.

If a stranger walked in, the pub would suddenly be silent, even the juke box would stop.

People in the bar didn't mix with those in the lounge.

Unless they were fighting.

There's one left in Utch, the Three Tuns. Its relatively sane nowadays compared to the 70's and 80's but still has that "estate" feel to it. You can pop in for the first time in months and know every single person in there.

Are they all food pubs or shut now round your way?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No pubs on my Estate.  Lots of deer.

Went to a gay bar tonight. Wasn't aware until I got in and noticed the stools were the wrong way up, and that that were a load of fat girls dancing in the corner.

I rest my case m'lord.

No pubs on my Estate.  Lots of deer.

Went to a gay bar tonight. Wasn't aware until I got in and noticed the stools were the wrong way up, and that that were a load of fat girls dancing in the corner.

Soz mate, shud have said this is for working class people from council estates only.

Perhaps you could ring downstairs and ask someone to post on this thread for you?

Me and my mate stumbled on that kind of place in 2008 I guess. It happened in Birmingham near Digbeth.

We went to the counter and ordered beer for my mate and whisky for me. There were three or four people on the counter and two tables were reserved by some senior citizens. The room (only one) went silent. The older gentleman behind the bar was friendly and produced our orders.

We took our glasses to nearby table and sat. We surveyd the room and sipped our drinks and realized that everybody were staring at us. Silent. After a while they started to talk with each other and kept turning to openly stare at us. When we ordered the second round everybody fell silent again. Then more staring. It wasn't hostile though.

I never felt more like being a monkey in a zoo.

Although with Boycie and Coconut  in pub hopping was close. :D

Soz mate, shud have said this is for working class people from council estates only.

Perhaps you could ring downstairs and ask someone to post on this thread for you?

Huh? Nobody in my cellar. Nobody at all, other than the one's who love me.

Archived