Nottingham

Day

Mum lives in Nottingham, not seen her for a while so off for a meal after she finishes work at 5 before heading to the game. Missus doesn't want to just drive down, meal, football and go straight back so looking to kill a couple of hours in Nottingham. 

blimey......cutting it fine........theres normally a huge queue to get out of Nottingham.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forest were a big club when that shut!

I know. But I still have fond memories of the realistic **** smell, and the puppets that were so good they could have been made by Jim Henson himself. 

I think it's a real shame and a massive missed opportunity that Nottingham doesn't have a single tourist attraction devoted to Robin Hood (except for Sherwood, which isn't in Nottingham). 

Well if that's shut, you can always try Nottingham Castle. I hear that is breathtaking, one of the most magnificent castles in Christendom. 

Castle's alright, and a pint at Ye Olde Trip to Jerusalem is highly recommended, but then again it's built into a cliff and you get no signal so you have to talk to people when you're drinking there which is a major negative.

You can visit Allington Avenue and Florence Boot Hall on the University Campus and see where the famous student JM Chandler lived during his university years. I don't think my bins have been emptied at number 122 in fact so you could even open one of them up and see some authentic JM student memorabilia.

Get lunch at George's Fish and Chips. Don't let the name fool you, it's a properly nice restaurant, a one off for now but mark my words it will be chain one day.

Go stuck in traffic on the way down, only ended up with an hour before the meal, quick pint in Wetherspoons, couple of clothes shops and that was it. Roadworks and kids off school are a bad mix.

I think it's a real shame and a massive missed opportunity that Nottingham doesn't have a single tourist attraction devoted to Robin Hood (except for Sherwood, which isn't in Nottingham). 

Well, he WAS from Doncaster. The airport says so.

Archived