Michail Antonio the best player in the Championship

Day

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He is far from being the most technically gifted player in The Championship and his defensive qualities are few and far between, however, 14 goals and 12 assists at this level cannot be overlooked. Would people really rather have Ward or Russell in the team ahead of someone with a return like that? Madness.

If you're playing lump it and muscle after it, then yeah, I'd take Antonio, but he wouldn't get on the bench here with our more cultured approach. ;)

He is far from being the most technically gifted player in The Championship and his defensive qualities are few and far between, however, 14 goals and 12 assists at this level cannot be overlooked. Would people really rather have Ward or Russell in the team ahead of someone with a return like that? Madness.

Goals star is impressive. The assists though is all about context isn't it. 

I've never viewed him as a smart or creative player. Just a bloke that's good at running the ball into opposition territory. I didn't rate him at Wednesday. Thought he was dumb and greedy. It strikes me now that Forest are dependant on him. 

Tbf I don't like these sort of players in general. Think they flatter to deceive like Walcott.

Brilliant he's ran really fast past 3 players. That's the 10th time in this match and he's put in 1 decent ball. While the full back behind him puts in 3 or 4 put doesn't "beat his man". 

I just don't find running down the line exciting.

Have to be honest and say I've not seen much of him for Forest. Mostly his Sheff Wednesday days when  people called him a threat for running past defenders and then straight on down the M1. 

Good player yes..... best in league no way. He absolutely murdered us at shitty ground.... tried my utmost to put him off many times but failed. 

Butttttttt...... what can you state are factors to be the best player? Individual stats? Value to respective team? Not so sure maybe a mixture of both......

Id put rhodes austin leadbitter clayton gibson  Afobe..... and our very own martin ince amd thorne all above him..... thats off the top of my head.

Goals star is impressive. The assists though is all about context isn't it. 

I've never viewed him as a smart or creative player. Just a bloke that's good at running the ball into opposition territory. I didn't rate him at Wednesday. Thought he was dumb and greedy. It strikes me now that Forest are dependant on him. 

Tbf I don't like these sort of players in general. Think they flatter to deceive like Walcott.

Brilliant he's ran really fast past 3 players. That's the 10th time in this match and he's put in 1 decent ball. While the full back behind him puts in 3 or 4 put doesn't "beat his man". 

I just don't find running down the line exciting.

Have to be honest and say I've not seen much of him for Forest. Mostly his Sheff Wednesday days when  people called him a threat for running past defenders and then straight on down the M1. 

I would imagine most of them assists were crosses for Assombalonga but that is a pure guess.

Get what you are saying about him and agree to an extent but to contribute to 26 goals in a season is fantastic, regardless of what else he is doing on the pitch.

Every time I have seen him against us he has run us absolutely ragged (including Wisdom at Hillsborough 2 seasons ago) but I always thought he lacked end product, would his stats suggest he added a bit of that to his game last season?

Maybe some would say that with the ease that he skips past defenders his goals/assists should be even higher, I don't know.

Good player yes..... best in league no way. He absolutely murdered us at shitty ground.... tried my utmost to put him off many times but failed. 

Butttttttt...... what can you state are factors to be the best player? Individual stats? Value to respective team? Not so sure maybe a mixture of both......

Id put rhodes austin leadbitter clayton gibson  Afobe..... and our very own martin ince amd thorne all above him..... thats off the top of my head.

Absolutely murdered us at the City ground? Since when was failing to beat the first man every time murdering us? As someone said above, he couldn't cross a road.

Absolutely murdered us at the City ground? Since when was failing to beat the first man every time murdering us? As someone said above, he couldn't cross a road.

Went round Shotton with ease on virtually every occasion and set up their goal.

12 assists without being able to cross...imagine his stats when he learns to cross!

He did.... mullered our right back that day he was awesome.... the half they were attacking our end i recall.... he was in beast mode..... havent seen him perform like that again whenever have seen him though

Went round Shotton with ease on virtually every occasion and set up their goal.

12 assists without being able to cross...imagine his stats when he learns to cross!

Went round Shotton every time then hit the first man every time. What use is that? 

Teach him to cross and he might make a half decent footballer. 

He did.... mullered our right back that day he was awesome.... the half they were attacking our end i recall.... he was in beast mode..... havent seen him perform like that again whenever have seen him though

There's no use beating Shotton every time if you don't deliver a decent ball. You're very easily impressed.

Went round Shotton every time then hit the first man every time. What use is that? 

Teach him to cross and he might make a half decent footballer. 

Looked quite useful when Assombalonga was sticking it in the back of the net?

Are you choosing to ignore his 14 goals and other 11 assists or are you judging him on just one game where he has our full backs pants down?

Archived