Gaming

SaintRam

Picked up F12015 - looks nice, but ultimately limited, it gets very repetitive very quickly.

Back to Destiny....

Ok so this isn't really fair because I haven't played it, but I heard Destiny was an intensely grind heavy game. Wrong?

As for me, I play a bit of DOTA every now and then. I only really play FIFA with friends, never particularly got into online. The office I work at recently picked up an N64 so I've been playing a bit of old school Mario Kart recently too.

I'm still playing Pro Evo, mainly on career mode because PC community isn't that great. I enjoy it a lot more than FIFA, players feel different and play in certain ways better. Chris Martin is definitely a pivot type player and Russell and Ince cut in and run past him a lot. Worth giving it a go over FIFA.

Not holding out much hope, but just curious. I'm a gamer (PC mostly, have an Xbone and getting a PS4 in new year) and I've been playing Rocket League on PC recently, which is why I'm posting this. Basically 3 or 4 a side football with rocket powered cars (I know, lame, right?) and I was just wondering if anyone else is playing it?

Will be getting new Fifa on Xbox when it comes out also, probably more chance of that. :lol:

I've heard Rocket League can be played across platforms, so PS4 and PC players can play together for example. Pretty nifty 

Rocket League is cross platform so PC and PS4 users can play together.

Its a fantastic game. Hit me up on PSN if anyone wants to play, username is the same as here.

Correct - except there isnt functionality in the party feature to allow players on different platforms into the same party. What this means is that yes its cross platform but only in the sense that both platforms are in the matchmaking pool.

Edited by RicME85

Ok so this isn't really fair because I haven't played it, but I heard Destiny was an intensely grind heavy game. Wrong?

It might be, but I'm relatively new to it, only picked it up a short while ago. So far so good but there's definitely a chance it will get grind-heavy but I suspect that it will take a while to get that way. F1 on the other hand is repetitive by the time you get to the second race. I accept that this is due in part at least to the nature of the sport, but you'd hope that strategy would play more into it, and upgrades and such, but essentially you could pick almost any strategy, in any car, and as long as you're proficient at getting around the track, you're going to win. Disappointing really.

Picked up Sniper Elite 3 Ultimate Edition from the Xbox mega sale - £15

It might be, but I'm relatively new to it, only picked it up a short while ago. So far so good but there's definitely a chance it will get grind-heavy but I suspect that it will take a while to get that way. F1 on the other hand is repetitive by the time you get to the second race. I accept that this is due in part at least to the nature of the sport, but you'd hope that strategy would play more into it, and upgrades and such, but essentially you could pick almost any strategy, in any car, and as long as you're proficient at getting around the track, you're going to win. Disappointing really.

Picked up Sniper Elite 3 Ultimate Edition from the Xbox mega sale - £15

Yea I definitely know what you're saying. It's why I always preferred the other kind of racing game with loads of car choice and huge customisation options. I never really got into an F1 game but Gran Turismo or Need For Speed could keep me occupied for weeks.

F1 2015 would be a vastly improved if it had the 'Live the Life' stuff from 2010. It fails because they stripped the game back so you essentially just have a quick race championship.

Favourite game at the minute is Don Bradman Cricket 14, such a solid representation of cricket. Damn hard to play so when you get a good score with the bat it feels really rewarding.

F1 2015 would be a vastly improved if it had the 'Live the Life' stuff from 2010. It fails because they stripped the game back so you essentially just have a quick race championship.

Favourite game at the minute is Don Bradman Cricket 14, such a solid representation of cricket. Damn hard to play so when you get a good score with the bat it feels really rewarding.

Does don bradman cricket have 20/20s and odis or just test matches?

Has it all.

Career mode is great, playing through county championship matches, T20 and 40 over matches, building up reputation for the chance to get an international call up.

Loads of user content to download too, Planet Cricket has a thread with a list of usernames to search in-game to download updated rosters.

I used to play LoL, played it for a couple of years straight while I wasn't working. Play the occasional ARAM now and again now. Moved on to Heroes of the Storm for my MOBA of the moment as I have lots of friends playing it. Although I play all my games almost exclusively on NA servers as that's where the majority of my friends are.