It's now illegal to copy your CD's onto your MP3 player

Day

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Principle isnt the same though Stive... you dont " own" anything on Spotify..you pay to borrow the music for a listen...rather like a library. You buy a library ticket..if that library breaks down or closes then you go to another library.

Doubt an internet connection would break down forever anyway...

I didn't say the internet connection breaks - I said if the person becomes broke/skint/can't afford his subscription

And you don't buy library tickets, you just apply for one. It's free to borrow books from a library

I guess I was making the point that the model by which kids are being driven to consume their music is very different. High cost which is money they will never see again. At least when we bought physical product we could sell it again and make at least some of the money back if we needed it.

UK Music estimated the new regulations, without a compensation scheme, would result in loss of revenues for rights owners in the creative sector of £58m a year.

How on earth do they jump to putting an mp3 on to your own media playing device cost the industry £58m?

It's little wonder the music industry is dying on its feet with ridiculous 'laws' like this. It's hilariously unenforceable.

LOL - UK Music are a joke

The industry-backed group pushes the key business and political agenda of the music business within Westminster, with senior corporate leaders and the media.

Tells you all you need to know - they are lobbyists funded by the major labels.

In reality they are the doctor in Holby City frantically applying paddles to the long-dead patient on the operating table..

How on earth do they jump to putting an mp3 on to your own media playing device cost the industry £58m?

It's little wonder the music industry is dying on its feet with ridiculous 'laws' like this. It's hilariously unenforceable.

Actually its the labels dying Animals..the rest of us in Live, production, merch are doing great..more people listening to music than ever before due to cheaper more accesable music coming along to check bands out..its good...and the labels get what they deserve really... that side of things will iron itself our eventually... my guess is it will be free streaming in the long term with services being sponsored like concerts or festivals...

I didn't say the internet connection breaks - I said if the person becomes broke/skint/can't afford his subscription

And you don't buy library tickets, you just apply for one. It's free to borrow books from a library

I guess I was making the point that the model by which kids are being driven to consume their music is very different. High cost which is money they will never see again. At least when we bought physical product we could sell it again and make at least some of the money back if we needed it.

Cant speak for UK Stive... seem to be a bit slow on the uptake there and USA currently.... In Stockholm the streaming services subscriptions from our main player and game changer Spotify ( and I guess Pirate Bay) have lead to such a fantastic turn around in physical sales too. Our cities record shops selling new and 2nd hand vinyl are booming... this is across the generations too. Cant pretend physical sales are the same as ten to fifteen years ago..but its growing steadily.

Actually its the labels dying Animals..the rest of us in Live, production, merch are doing great..more people listening to music than ever before due to cheaper more accesable music coming along to check bands out..its good...and the labels get what they deserve really... that side of things will iron itself our eventually... my guess is it will be free streaming in the long term with services being sponsored like concerts or festivals...

Vinyl sales are still buoyant in Ashbourne mate.

Well, Lino as it used to be called.......

Cant speak for UK Stive... seem to be a bit slow on the uptake there and USA currently.... In Stockholm the streaming services subscriptions from our main player and game changer Spotify ( and I guess Pirate Bay) have lead to such a fantastic turn around in physical sales too. Our cities record shops selling new and 2nd hand vinyl are booming... this is across the generations too. Cant pretend physical sales are the same as ten to fifteen years ago..but its growing steadily.

Scandinavia is generally more progressive in every area of society as far as I've seen :)

In the UK physical sales are definitely on the upturn, noticeable in HMV now that they have more racks of vinyl than ever, but the downside for me is that the money they are charging is crazy. Like some sort of hipster tax!

A shame that so many of our record stores couldn't ride out the storm as those that did seem to be doing OK again now

I bought a new 7" vinyl this week, lovely sleeve, white vinyl but the pressing is atrocious. And there is no download code with it. Cost me £6! for 5 and a half minutes of music that sounds like arse

Am I still ok taping the Chart Show on to my c30's?  Maxell is my favourite tape medium - TDK need to raise their game or they are in serious danger of getting left behind.

You laugh, but technically mix tapes always have been breaking the law. 

How many people have made a mix tape? Dirty pirating ********, ever one of them. Single handedly destroying the music industry, hangings too good for them. 

Archived