Ashley Ward - Remember him?

He was a second rate striker in the Jim Smith era. He was quickly moved on as he wasn't up to Premier League standard... Well apparently his house in Cheshire is up for sale, at somewhere upwards of £10m.  If you ever wondered what a journeyman career in 1990's football will buy you, here's your chance. 

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/s6p/28779972

Enjoy.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't he go into luxury property development with his Mrs after leaving football? thought that was why he had so much cash. And to be fair to him he did play quite a few times in the Premier League. Didn't he score the winner vs liverpool once for us? 

Was it Ashley Ward who didn't  score at Wembley ! Seemed to remove his leg and turn it into a hockey stick at the vital moment.. Or is my brain completely scrambled??  Jim Smith seemed to rate him because of his looks? Didn't he play at right back too ?  Seem to remember that his avoidance of a tackle there finally flipped Jim into  yanking  him off never to play for us again.      The rumour was that his wife was a better player than he was...................   Americans?

Came back and scored against us in the last minute for Bradford in about 2000-2001 at Pride Park i think so that we lost 3-2

Booooo........

in the days of Burley and Deon Burton I vaguely recall - i was in North Stand that day (cannot for life of me rememebr why) and it happened down other end of pitch. In fact - might Izale macleod have ben on for us at the time.

we were a team on the slide then....

Couldn't hit a barn door from 3 yards ,think his wife was model though and had a few pennies in her own right,property has appeared on TV a few times ,not a bad property if you can afford it,good luck to the guy obviously done alright from being a mediocre footballer .

Archived