The Best League in the World.

Day

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It isn't. It backs up my point that footballers and managers are fickle

That video also wasn't just Henry though, it showed a load of great moments to back it up.

Anyway, there probably isn't a best league, I prefer watching the Premier League and others like La Liga. 

For quality of players it's not the best league in the world. A PL best XI wouldn't get anywhere near Barcelona or Real Madrid for instance. However, it's the most diverse.

The Premier League is like America. The land of opportunity. Well, basically it's a league where mediocre footallers from all over the world can make an absolute fortune.

It will always be the most diverse, which in itself is excellent. But by doing so, the FA need to accept that the England national team will forever suffer as a result.

It's the best league in the world in terms of diversity, passion and publicity regarding big-game matches. It sells well.

But the Spanish league has better overall quality, the German league is better for goals, atmopshere and supporter wellbeing, and I'd say the Italian league is better technically.

Living out here in Jakarta for the last six months where we only tend to get La Liga , Serie A and the Bundasliega from Europe on domestic Tv then yes it makes you appreciate the Premier League. Yes SKY has it's fault's, we all do, but the Premier league and SKY for me personally are sorely missed. The entertainment and coverage is far better than what is currently available here. Judging by the daily apparel of the native Indonesians the Premier League is also their favourite. The shirts of the big five can be readily seen everyday only challenged by Barca and Real. The situation is similar in most other Asean countries with the Premier League being the favourite. You can even buy officially logoed Manure mopeds !!

Not too much of a problem though as the trip  to the local sports bar to watch Sky is usually a good night out.

For quality of players it's not the best league in the world. A PL best XI wouldn't get anywhere near Barcelona or Real Madrid for instance. 

Go on then, I've had a few cans, first sentence.

Suarez, Modric, Bale, Ronaldo, Pique, Vermaelen, Mascherano

All signed from clubs from which league?

Go on then, I've had a few cans, first sentence.

Suarez, Modric, Bale, Ronaldo, Pique, Vermaelen, Mascherano

All signed from clubs from which league?

But Costa,Alexis,Yaya Toure,Zabaleta,Fabregas,Aguero,Di Maria,Silva,Mata went to the prem from la liga.

Off topic. I was replying to the first sentence of Bris's troll post.

I agree with Bris in the sense a Barca or Real team would beat a premier league all star 11 but it would be a close game, not easily as Bris suggests. The likes of Aguero,Alexis and Hazard would be able to give them problems

Off topic. I was replying to the first sentence of Bris's troll post.

Steady on, I wasn't trolling.

I actualy think the Premier League is the best league in the world, but only in certain aspects. It's hard to define 'best' as no European league dominates on all fronts.

While the likes of Stoke City vs West Brom isn't appealing in the slightest quality wise, the fact that fixture could feature up to 15 different nationalities is an impressive feat and one which is unrivalled.

The reason why the Premier League is the most watched in the world is not due to its top quality, technical football or bouncing atmospheres, but because it's loaded with stars across the world.

Virtually any football nation in the world has at least one player playing in England, and all the top footballing nations will have at least one player playing for a team in the top six.

That can't be said of Spain, Italy or Germany, as the majority of the league is made up of players from that country - a respectable statistic in its own right.

Just like I mentioned earlier, the FA have no legs to stand on when questioning why the England national team is failing so much. The bigger and better the PL; the harder it becomes for our national team.

I agree with Bris in the sense a Barca or Real team would beat a premier league all star 11 but it would be a close game, not easily as Bris suggests. The likes of Aguero,Alexis and Hazard would be able to give them problems

Quality of the leagues changes all the times. 

Serie A used to be the strongest league in the world with AC, Inter, Juve and others storming Europe.

Now La Liga have the best teams in Europe, but soon another league will dominate, it happens all the time in football. 

Quality of the leagues changes all the times. 

Serie A used to be the strongest league in the world with AC, Inter, Juve and others storming Europe.

Now La Liga have the best teams in Europe, but soon another league will dominate, it happens all the time in football. 

Serie A only went down hill because of the Calciopoli(match fixing). Serie A is slowly coming back

a Barca or Real team would beat a premier league all star 11 but it would be a close game, not easily as Bris suggests. The likes of Aguero,Alexis and Hazard would be able to give them problems

a premier league all star 11? highly doubt it, but they would breeze past chelsea or man utd/city or arsenal/liverpool, and probably failry comfortably but i highly doubt they would beat a team like this:

courtois

zabaleta - kompany - terry - baines

Matic - Toure

Sanchez - Silva - Hazard

Aguero

and even then you've got the likes of rooney, fabregas, oscar, cazorla, ozil, di maria and costa

the stars of la liga are bigger and brighter, but the premier league has more of them

Serie A only went down hill because of the Calciopoli(match fixing). Serie A is slowly coming back

My point is that leagues fluctuate in terms of quality all the time, currently La Liga is the strongest as seen by the recent Champions leagues won, but it will change as always.  

a premier league all star 11? highly doubt it, but they would breeze past chelsea or man utd/city or arsenal/liverpool, and probably failry comfortably but i highly doubt they would beat a team like this:

courtois

Matic - Toure

Sanchez - Silva - Hazard

Aguero

and even then you've got the likes of rooney, fabregas, oscar, cazorla, ozil, di maria and costa

the stars of la liga are bigger and brighter, but the premier league has more of them

I'm sorry but Barcelona would destroy that team, it really would. The fact that Barcelona absolutely annihialated a Manchester City side containing half of your team, it's clear the other wouldn't make a difference.

The front four would be starved ofthe ball. Not only would Barca dominate the midfield, the front three would destroy the back four.

courtois

Matic - Toure

Sanchez - Silva - Hazard

Aguero

the stars of la liga are bigger and brighter, but the premier league has more stars

On the contrary I believe that they would beat that team. That team has hardly any protection in front of the back 4. Matic got destroyed and outclassed by Verrati, I'd dread to see him against even more intelligent players like busquets or modric, not to mention that yaya toure flops against small technical players.There are also more stars in la liga. Ronaldo,Messi,Suarez,Iniesta,Rakitic,Pique,Neymar,James rodriguez, Isco, Modric,Busquets, Griezmann, Jackson Martinez,Mascherano,Kroos,Benzema,Pedro, Turan, Dani Alves, Vietto, Otamendi, Vela, Nolito, Aduriz,Parejo,Alcacer. That's off the top of my head lol

I'm sorry but Barcelona would destroy that team, it really would. The fact that Barcelona absolutely annihialated a Manchester City side containing half of your team, it's clear the other wouldn't make a difference.

The front four would be starved ofthe ball. Not only would Barca dominate the midfield, the front three would destroy the back four.

Ageed. A midfield of Matic and Yaya vs Busquets,Rakitic,Iniesta or Modric,Kroos,james rodriguez is like putting a puppy in a steel cage with a rottweiler

Archived