Klitschko v Fury

Dale The Ram

Ah he was Light Heavyweight as well, thought he did both Heavy and Middle.

But still, his record of 200 fights 173 wins (108 by KO) will never be repeated.

Apparently Muhammad Ali based his style on Sugar which is easy to see when looking back at the footage 

Sugar Ray never fought for a title above middleweight, although in later years he did fight lightheavy but only because he needed the money, and he gave away loads of weight advantage.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sugar Ray never fought for a title above middleweight, although in later years he did fight lightheavy but only because he needed the money, and he gave away loads of weight advantage.

His money troubles were terrible, Frank Sinatra kept him afloat in his later years through sympathy payments.

I never knew he didn't go for a title in light heavy, was that the weight class in which he killed a man and sparked his mental health issues and his eventual downfall?

His money troubles were terrible, Frank Sinatra kept him afloat in his later years through sympathy payments.

I never knew he didn't go for a title in light heavy, was that the weight class in which he killed a man and sparked his mental health issues and his eventual downfall?

read the wiki on Robinson it is very good

I remember listening to his two fights with Randolph Turpin ( no TV then) .

• 3 months later...
3 hours ago, Statham512 said:

Getting close now. Love or hate the guy you can bet he ll give it more of a go than David Toe breaker cough cough Haye did. Personally I hope Fury does it I love a good underdog.

He looked rattled at the press conference, I believe Wlad has got him in the bag.

Dont like Fury that much but Wladmir is an enigma, one of the greatest boxers ive seen in my young age.

1 hour ago, Dale The Ram said:

He looked rattled at the press conference, I believe Wlad has got him in the bag.

Dont like Fury that much but Wladmir is an enigma, one of the greatest boxers ive seen in my young age.

Yeah I don't doubt Klitschko is the better boxer just if I'm paying 17 quid on sky box office I want to be entertained not just see 2 people tapping away at each other for 12 rounds. Fury would never be given a decision on points there so he has no option but to go for a knockout and if he loses giving it his all il give him credit for that

1 hour ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Is somebody really called 'Tyson Fury'?

I suppose it was inevitable that nominative determinism would take hold.

A very vocative comment, AinL. Trust me, I am not trying to be Accusative. (smiley). Tyson will be very Ablative towards the press on the morning after the fight and very Reflexive as to whether have taken taken on Vlad.His viewing of his bank account on a later Dative may soothe the pain somewhat, but he will have Genitive very little sympathy.

Will be interesting that's for sure.

I'm quite surprised Wlad is still going to be honest, he has actual no need to other than love for the sport I guess. He's loaded, unified the division with his brother, won multiple defences, has a wife/kid now...

I can't see any reason which would want to make him stick around.. It's not like he's early 30s with a few years left.

I'd have preferred Wlad to have retired, Fury pick up one of the vacant belts and try to unify the division by taking on Wilder, AJ, Povetkin et al. I don't want Fury to win this fight, yet I don't want to see him lose and contemplate retirement.

Archived