Go Ape

Day

Anyone been? I need some kind of reassurance here. I hate heights, I get sweaty hands just watching films with scenes on top of buildings. I don't like going more than half way up the iPro upper tiers. I need a serious dose of man the **** up when it comes to heights.

Anyways, friends on Facebook did one of those share memory things, they went to Go Ape a few years ago, didn't look that high up, mate went down a zip wire from a small tree. Do we want to go? couples things? I agree without looking too much into it.

Agree a date and that and I look into to what I've agreed to do and watch the video, I watch the Go Ape video at Sherwood Forest thinking that's the one where we're off to as it's closest, look at the stats, highest point is 8 meters.....I'm crying at this point. Money has been paid, time to man up. I just about get my head around it and it's booked. Dalby Forest, we're not even off to Sherwood Forest. Look at the stats, highest point 35 meters! 114ft. Exactly. I ain't no ape, I'm not designed to go up 114ft, we're meant to be on the ground.

Just look at this ******!

go-ape-at-dalby-forest.thumb.jpg.9e3b000

How is that fun? that's putting your life in danger.

Now what i want to know is can I say look, this one I ain't doing, you can take the piss all you like but I ain't going up there and move on to the next part of the course. You see I'm watching this video and it looks like once you are up there you are screwed, the only way is down.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the way they shove a girl down there to show that if she can do it anyone can, I bet she's some young looking SAS solider or something, been jumping out of planes over Iraq for the last few years, she's got a smile on her face and that ain't normal.

The zipwire at Download - now THAT looked scary. Not the height, not the length. No, the scary point was that the zipwire was straight over the top of 90,000 metalheads all armed with plastic bottles full of god knows what.

I'm not keen on heights but if you don't let yourself think about it too much and just do it, it's exhilarating to attack these zip wires and stuff. Although the chance is always there that you may die in a crumpled and barely recognisable mass of splintered bone and gore.

The zipwire at Download - now THAT looked scary. Not the height, not the length. No, the scary point was that the zipwire was straight over the top of 90,000 metalheads all armed with plastic bottles full of god knows what.

Iirc that turned into a mass bottle fight while everyone was waiting for Rammstein in 2013. That looked grim. I noticed nobody threw any at Paul Stanley of KISS when he gets on a zipwire during Love Gun.

I did Go Ape in Cannock Chase, and it was good fun. I went into it feeling confident and relaxed (I like doing outdoorsy type stuff) but when I went up on some of the bits, I really needed to man up.

The hard parts for me were flinging myself off it ( no matter how confident I was that I had attached myself properly, it's not a nice feeling just throwing yourself out of a tree over a big drop!)

Have a trial run at National Water Sports Centre in Notts, they've recently had a smaller version of Go Ape set up... see how you cope on that first. Think it's 12 quid, that includes a round of mini golf too :lol:

I did it 6 or 7 years ago. I'm not a massive fans of heights and I found it quite easy.

One of my colleagues did fall off and break his arm and 3 ribs though.

I tried it too sage after you recommended it.

but my arse didn't drag along the floor like yours did.

ooosh!

I'd pay good money to watch a Sage and Boycie race through the treetops wearing gorilla suits and a tutu and carrying a pint of cider, 30 second penalty for every 50ml lost over the course. 

I'd pay good money to watch a Sage and Boycie race through the treetops wearing gorilla suits and a tutu and carrying a pint of cider, 30 second penalty for every 50ml lost over the course. 

It can be arranged.........:o

Archived