Le Tour

MuespachRam

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was a spectacular pile up today: six abandons, including your " local" Fabian Cancellara after the finish , having ridden the final 60 kms with two broken vertebra sustained in the fall.

Yep, incredible accident..... surprised there werent more causalties to be honest...

I didn't realise until a couple of days ago that derailleur gears now rely on batteries. Apparently, one of the top guys gears failed on account of this. Surprise.

An "electronic gear-shifting system" is a method of changing gears, which enables riders to shift with electronic switches instead of using conventional control levers. The switches are connected by wire or wirelessly to a battery pack and to a small electric motor that drives the derailleur. Although expensive, an electronic system could save a racing cyclist time when changing gears

In the circumstances, it will be interesting to see if Chris Froome accepts the Yellow Jersey tomorrow.  Not sure if there is a precedent for the Tour leader crashing out?

There have been a few occasions over the years, i think he will be asked to take it, but as it owuldnt be his first/last time it is pretty easy for him to say no...and then end up with it tonight.

The best story though has to be Teklehaimanot getting the polka dot jersey....awesome.

I fell off my bike also, one of the stabilisers came lose, I am collecting it from Halfords next week :ph34r:

I also fell off my bike.

She wasn't happy.

I am I alone in being puzzled by Peter Sagan's ability to amongst the leading riders, irrespective of whether it's time-trialing, sprinting, mountain climbing, almost every single day. It's not natural.

Especially as Tinkoff was sounding off about how he would liked to have reduced his salary earlier in the season because he was achieving nothing.

Archived