The Ashes

Ovis aries

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had that emailed to me as I was a 'valued customer' ... clearly not :(

Its worth noting that when you put the code in you dont have to activate it and can save it for another day

Is that definitely right? I'm off work on Friday so would be good if I can save it till then.

England 88-3 at lunch, so I'd say that Australia would be more pleased about their morning's work. However, slightly uneasy times for the much-vaunted Australian seam attack to see how Root took them apart in the half hour before lunch.

It may be Australia's morning, but on showing so far, they haven't bowled that well too be fair. Lyth did get set up, but Cook's was naïve and Bell just looks dreadful at the moment. How long are they going to stick with him?!

Liking the look of Root, much more aggressive than the last time he faced England. 

Balance still looks an odd player. Looks like the anti-Shaun Marsh. He looks the kind that somehow gets runs, despite not really looking up to it technically at the moment. 

Starc's been all over the place, he has a tendency to do that still with the red ball sadly. Otherwise Hazlewood's probably been Australia's best. If Root stays out there, England could well be on top by the end of today. 

Is that definitely right? I'm off work on Friday so would be good if I can save it till then.

When I put the code in it gave me two buttons to press - Save for another day and Activate now.

I hit save and then logged out, logged in and it asked if I wanted to activate or save and again hit save

Starc isn't the worlds best bowler today , he is awful.

Seems that he's gone full Johnson in England conditions. Hopefully he finds his feet as the series goes on. 

That said, fairly odd conditions for the first test, though a more experienced bowler should be able to get more from this surface. Oh well, let's see what happens after tea. 

Pretty dumb to bat first, in my opinion.

Conditions not great, and I'd never back England to set a good total without losing early wickets.

Bookmarked....

;)

Dropped on 0, makes them pay. Great hundred from Root - what a player this lad is.

Really wish I'd put a bet on him for highest run scorer in the series.

That said, can't imagine the odds would've been great.

Archived