Jordan Rhodes

BottrillRAM

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sky Sports reporting;

BORO TO UP RHODES BID

Middlesbrough are set to submit an improved £14m bid for Blackburn Rovers striker Jordan Rhodes, the Mail on Sunday are reporting.

Rovers have already rejected a £12m offer for the Scotland international from the Riverside club and need to sell another player to have their transfer embargo lifted.

HOwever, they are keen to keep hold of Rhodes as they aim to push for promotion themselves.

Silly money IMO

Say he does sign for 14 million, could you imagine if he got badly injured like Thorne did.

They would then have a major problem. They signed Baptiste from Bolton as a defender . He sustained a double fracture of his leg in his first warm up game hence why they signed Kalas on loan from Chelsea. They are therefore probably already over budget without signing a striker. 

Anyone have any idea what other clubs have spent this summer? Others seem to be talking about us being the big money spenders, but if this deal goes through, will surely blow us out of the water in terms of spending?

I think Brentford have spent a fair bit as well?

Add Stuart Downing to that for 5 million plus add ons and they really have over spent.

However I do believe money will talk this season what with the FFP rules being more relaxed. Those clubs who do spend and spend wisely will be there or there abouts come May.

Whether spending 14 million Rhodes is wise we will have to wait and see. One thing we do know is the lad can score goals and if he does it at Boro with the team they already have in place,  I think they will be serious contenders for automatic promotion.

Say he does sign for 14 million, could you imagine if he got badly injured like Thorne did.

But if you give him service he will score, he goal record speaks volumes.

I think it would be a good buy by SG - a gamble, well yes, but so is everything.

He is only worth what Boro want to pay, with Downing crossing those balls in......

I once done some business with Bulkhaul in the 90's - and SG is like a stick of rock, Boro though and though - He's bank rolled them for 30 yrs.

Hoping MM is of the same mould

• 5 months later...
On 2 August 2015 at 17:07, EnigmaRam said:

14 mil in the championship is a lot of dough. For saying we are the big spenders compared to that is ridiculous. I think 10 million on 7 players is good business we've done in comparison

But is it good business? Are the players we've spent the money on worth it?

Archived