Swapping shirts at half time is bad enough, but this.....

Day

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can somebody explain selfies to me? Will people not believe this guy when he says he played against Messi unless he presents photo evidence?

I'm also getting really annoyed that the rest of the world refuse to comply with the unwritten rules regarding shirt numbers relating to your position on the pitch. You can wear 6 if you're a centre half or a centre mid, not if you're a forward.

Can somebody explain selfies to me? Will people not believe this guy when he says he played against Messi unless he presents photo evidence?

I'm also getting really annoyed that the rest of the world refuse to comply with the unwritten rules regarding shirt numbers relating to your position on the pitch. You can wear 6 if you're a centre half or a centre mid, not if you're a forward.

I'm with you on this.

I always thought that taking selfies was basically photography for imbeciles, but I am willing to be convinced otherwise.

Nothing wrong with this at all... Once the game is finished, it's finished.

Handshakes, shirt-swaps etc. are the norm. For Deshorn Brown, he will probably never play on the same pitch as Messi - the greatest club player of all time - again. 

Make the most of it, if you can't get his shirt... Get a photo with him and tell your grandkids you shared the same pitch with a true footballing legend.

You could argue if this was Sergio Ramos, or even an average PL player. But Deshorn Brown plays for a Norweigen team who's probably about as good as Ssausagehorpe.

If you want a souvenir to show you shared the same pitch, pick up a match day programme, buy a newspaper and take clippings, put them into a book. "The day I shared the pitch with the 2nd best player in the world" not a selfie like you're a teenager thats spotted a boy band member in Tesco. It's embarrassing, doesn't matter who you play for you are still a professional and should act like one.

I'm a nobody, if I saw Messi or any other footballs, famous person would never ever ever ask for a selfie. I'd tell my mates, saw Messi in Tesco buying a cucumber earlier, if they didn't believe me fine, don't need photo proof.

If you want a souvenir to show you shared the same pitch, pick up a match day programme, buy a newspaper and take clippings, put them into a book. "The day I shared the pitch with the 2nd best player in the world" not a selfie like you're a teenager thats spotted a boy band member in Tesco. It's embarrassing, doesn't matter who you play for you are still a professional and should act like one.

I'm a nobody, if I saw Messi or any other footballs, famous person would never ever ever ask for a selfie. I'd tell my mates, saw Messi in Tesco buying a cucumber earlier, if they didn't believe me fine, don't need photo proof.

WUM

Bet you got a selfie with Mel....and don't lie I've seen it on boycies Facebook ;-)

Bet you got a selfie with Mel....and don't lie I've seen it on boycies Facebook ;-)

Nope and the thought never crossed my mind!.....tell a lie it did that others might so I said in the mod room before I hope nobody does, would have sacked the lot of em

I hate selfies.....but on a pitch against an opponent,  after you've just been knocked out of a major tournament. I just don't understand what was going through the guy's head.  Shake his hand, congratulate him....and walk away. 

Nope and the thought never crossed my mind!.....tell a lie it did that others might so I said in the mod room before I hope nobody does, would have sacked the lot of em

I'd put money on it that your a selfie person.

Only of myself because I have no mates to take a picture of me

I'm sure that a quick search on the www would show Daveo having a selfie with someone famous....

Also, a selfie is just a photo taken by one self - which is now possible due to technology.

It's no different to say Deshorn Brown asking somebody to take a photo of him and Messi together. Ridiculous to even criticise it, why wouldn't you want a photo with the best club player ever - something he can cherish his whole life.

Jamaica had already been knocked out by the way, so the final group match against Argentina was more or less a friendly match for them anyway.

Also, a selfie is just a photo taken by one self - which is now possible due to technology.

It's no different to say Deshorn Brown asking somebody to take a photo of him and Messi together. Ridiculous to even criticise it, why wouldn't you want a photo with the best club player ever - something he can cherish his whole life.

Jamaica had already been knocked out by the way, so the final group match against Argentina was more or less a friendly match for them anyway.

A stick is technology now?

Reversable cameras 

Whatever happened to putting your camera on a tripod, setting the self-timer, racing back towards the group you were joining for the photo and getting a picture of the back of your head?

Now THAT's photography.

Whatever happened to putting your camera on a tripod, setting the self-timer, racing back towards the group you were joining for the photo and getting a picture of the back of your head?

Now THAT's photography.

Yes but you can't see yourself as your prepare fo the shot, nor is it practical and time efficient.

Reversable cameras and 'selfies' is a great invention, simple but great.

Why do people moan about selfies? I know people who can't stop taking photos of themselves constantly are annoying but that doesn't mean every selfie is bad. Selfie sticks are a no-no for me too though. It's just a chance to get yourself in a photo much easier than it used to be, and people have been taking photos of themselves for as long as the camera has been invented. Just that you used to have to get someone else to do it for you.

Archived