James Vaughan - Everton

David

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From 2 starts tho, need to know how long he was on the pitch for the 6 sub appearences really. I'd take him on loan till January if he stays pretty much injury free (you have to allow for the odd niggle), look to keep him for the season performances pending.

I wouldn't sign him outright due to his injury track record, loan him and he has a decent season, chances are you will face competition for his signature. Wasn't Bolton sniffing around him a few weeks ago?

• 8 months later...

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-News-Celtic-and-Derby-are-interested-in-signing-Everton-s-James-Vaughan-article727316.html

Scottish heavyweights Celtic and Nigel Clough’s Derby County are set to battle it out for Everton striker James Vaughan.

Vaughan is on loan at Crystal Palace but the Eagles will not make the deal permanent – despite having the option of taking him for £1million.

The 22-year-old was due to join Celtic in the last transfer window but was unable to move as he had already played for two clubs this season and the transfer was blocked by FIFA.

9 goals in 28 games at Palace.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-News-Celtic-and-Derby-are-interested-in-signing-Everton-s-James-Vaughan-article727316.html

Scottish heavyweights Celtic and Nigel Clough’s Derby County are set to battle it out for Everton striker James Vaughan.

Vaughan is on loan at Crystal Palace but the Eagles will not make the deal permanent – despite having the option of taking him for £1million.

The 22-year-old was due to join Celtic in the last transfer window but was unable to move as he had already played for two clubs this season and the transfer was blocked by FIFA.

9 goals in 28 games at Palace.

No thanks, Celtic are welcome to him

i'd like us to enter a bidding war with celtic just to see them over pay the odds. i don't think we will get any player that celtic bid for so may as well have a bit of fun!

vaughan is a decent young player but is a bit injury prone and not the proven championship player we need up front.

I'd like James Vaughen here, he is the sort of player someone in this division will take a gamble on and he will then put his head down and become the best striker in the division with everyone else scratching their head going 'why didn't we sign him'

for instance

Whittingham from Villa

Graham from Mboro

Taarabt from Tottenham

Routledge from Villa

Ebanks Blake from United

...etc

Talented youngsters, highly rated pivoted in their career, re-sgined and given a new lease on life a proper chance to blossom and they're the ones that are likely to shine, I believe Vaughan has the ability to be as good as Maynard...etc just needs a permanent chance and manager to push him.

I think Vaughan will be one of those players that will do very well at any club he joines except Derby, and lets face it there are alot of those.

I do think we need someone proven though and there are better options available

to get a proven goalscorer at this level is going to cost an arm and a leg, you have to gamble with someone who has the potential and in this case I think Vaughan could very well sign and bang in 20-25 goals, then we'll sell him back to everton or someone for 4million.

I've seen the future, who ever gets him next season in a permanent deal I can see reaping the rewards!

Archived