Our day with Mel Morris

David

He certainly wants to move the club forward and run correctly. I'm not saying it isn't run correctly now btw.

Everywhere I looked there was the Derby Ram, he's a proud man and loves the club.

"The Derby Way" is a emblasoned on the walls of the new gym and indoor pools area.  They're really trying to play football the right way and get results the right way too.

I'm concious of saying too much too positive as others may think it's because it's was just because I was at the meeting, but I really do think we have a guy who wants what we want for the club.

They want to hear the views of the supporters and news of ways that we will be involved will be revealed at a later date.

You can see why he gets the best out of his workforce, he fills you with confidence when he speaks.

Anyway, enough arsekissing for now.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He certainly wants to move the club forward and run correctly. I'm not saying it isn't run correctly now btw.

Everywhere I looked there was the Derby Ram, he's a proud man and loves the club.

"The Derby Way" is a emblasoned on the walls of the new gym and indoor pools area.  They're really trying to play football the right way and get results the right way too.

I'm concious of saying too much too positive as others may think it's because it's was just because I was at the meeting, but I really do think we have a guy who wants what we want for the club.

They want to hear the views of the supporters and news of ways that we will be involved will be revealed at a later date.

You can see why he gets the best out of his workforce, he fills you with confidence when he speaks.

Anyway, enough arsekissing for now.

Are you all itk now?

All sounds very good. As I said in the McClaren thread, whatever you think of the events that have unfolded recently, at the very least they were decisive and with what appears to be the clubs best interests at heart. They've moved quickly to get things underway for next season, rather than mourning this season, which is exactly what needed to be done, and it appears they have the right attitude at all levels at the moment. 

Last week Mel emailed me inviting myself and a few members down to Moor Farm, some of the initial members he invited were unavailable.

Myself, Boycie, Sage, uttoxram75 Alpha Signia and RevilDevil attended, before anyone moans I didn't pick them, this is something Mel is looking to do again in the future.

Right now I'm sat in Frankie & Bennies on my phone, not really able to do a full wrote up but as I tweeted out where I was today I thought I'd put a few words down.

Just want to say a huge thanks to Mel for inviting us down and for being really open and honest with us regarding recent events on the forum, turns out we can call him an ******** but to be fair it's not the case at all.

We had 2 and a half hours with him and had a really good chat which left us all feeling positive about the direction the club is going and with regards to recent posts on the forum. 

We also had a tour around Moor Farm, saw the new replica iPro pitch being made and met Paul Clement, Bryson, Martin, Eustace and a Eric Steel loitering in the corridors and sat down for a meal with Mel. 

I'm sure the others will want to add their thoughts and I'll have my own write up tomorrow. 

Oh and the Orange Lamborghini wasn't his!

Where was my invite? :) I was the one that called this all. 

It was the Newcastle  Press that it appeared to be referring to not the Derby Press. It was nothing to do with Derby. I repeat, my apologies if I got this round my neck.More of a compliment to Derby management than anything else. I think that SM will do very well at Newcastle United and will get his extra  five years because he is well thought of. Ashley thinks that he has got the right man and I believe that he has. Above all I think that SM will develop local players and bring them through. He fielded a side of eleven locals for Middlesbrough in the Premiership, I think.

I think that various approved Press representatives were invited and Ashley has the right to invite anyone that he likes when he appoints a new manager. He has put millions into Newcastle and it is his Club, he owns it .I wish Newcastle well, their fans are brilliant and they deserve to win a trophy. They played great stuff when Keegan was there and should have won the league on style of play alone.

Archived