Signed: Jason Shackell

irobinson

Shackell will not be coming back. We all would want him back but it aint going to happen. 

Can't  see barnes coming back either.

Would all of us? I know of quite a few that wouldn't, myself included.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​I would say the reasoning is that for a very large majority of times it does not work .

​I guess the question should always be why they left in the first place. In many cases it comes down to "wasn't good enough" or "sold to a club above us", with very little sideways movement. The real concern would be these sideways moves. If it was just money, I don't see the problem, but if it was something else behind the scenes it can be a bit more of a worry. 

The real concern with the other two cases of course is why we're in a position to bring back a player in the other instances. Bringing back a player who wasn't good enough generally isn't the best of ideas, as if they look better elsewhere it may just be a difference in styles that makes them look better, rather than outright improvement. In the case someone comes back after a move to the league above, you also have to wonder about it due to the nature of why they'd return. If the club were promoted and the club they went to were relegated, the question might be if they're good enough to help the club stay up now. 

In any case, I trust the club's judgement, but as things stand we have an abundance at the back for the time. We've got:

Richard Keogh

Jake Buxton

Raul Albentosa

Alex Pearce

Ryan Shotton

Farrend Rawson

Jamie Hanson

Surely one of them have to go before we look into more centrehalves, and that would only come down to Shotton and Albentosa to be honest, as I don't see Keogh or Buxton going, us letting Rawson or Hason go for no reason before they've had a chance to prove themselves and really it leaves those two. I'd be tempted to think that we're probably about done with defensive signing for now, unless we are after Lowton. 

​I guess the question should always be why they left in the first place. In many cases it comes down to "wasn't good enough" or "sold to a club above us", with very little sideways movement. The real concern would be these sideways moves. If it was just money, I don't see the problem, but if it was something else behind the scenes it can be a bit more of a worry. 

The real concern with the other two cases of course is why we're in a position to bring back a player in the other instances. Bringing back a player who wasn't good enough generally isn't the best of ideas, as if they look better elsewhere it may just be a difference in styles that makes them look better, rather than outright improvement. In the case someone comes back after a move to the league above, you also have to wonder about it due to the nature of why they'd return. If the club were promoted and the club they went to were relegated, the question might be if they're good enough to help the club stay up now. 

In any case, I trust the club's judgement, but as things stand we have an abundance at the back for the time. We've got:

Richard Keogh

Jake Buxton

Raul Albentosa

Alex Pearce

Ryan Shotton

Farrend Rawson

Jamie Hanson

Surely one of them have to go before we look into more centrehalves, and that would only come down to Shotton and Albentosa to be honest, as I don't see Keogh or Buxton going, us letting Rawson or Hason go for no reason before they've had a chance to prove themselves and really it leaves those two. I'd be tempted to think that we're probably about done with defensive signing for now, unless we are after Lowton. 

​I think Hanson is probably considered a midfielder now, I realise that he played at CB at youth level but he's more suited to the CDM position in my opinion.

He's not going to get a game at CB either but he looked solid at CDM so I'd imagine that's where the management see his strongest position as.

​I think Hanson is probably considered a midfielder now, I realise that he played at CB at youth level but he's more suited to the CDM position in my opinion.

He's not going to get a game at CB either but he looked solid at CDM so I'd imagine that's where the management see his strongest position as.

​He should be, I entirely agree. See him doing Xabi Alonso style long range passes, seems to have great vision. I said he should've been the replacement for CDM last season but he just had the one game but hey ho. onwards and upwards

​He should be, I entirely agree. See him doing Xabi Alonso style long range passes, seems to have great vision. I said he should've been the replacement for CDM last season but he just had the one game but hey ho. onwards and upwards

​His debut was very impressive indeed, especially for a youth player. He came into the fold under immense pressure due to the pivotal nature of that role to our system and the fact that he couldn't be subbed so he had to ''produce the goods''... and he did.

I hope he pushes on next season and continues to develop, looks like he could be a very good player in the future.

(Just to beat DEL to it)  - 2 games.

LOL

Jason Shackell WILL be playing for Derby next season.

It's only a matter of time before he is revealed.

Ince will only cost £1million too and not the sill money being mentioned.

Watch this space and remember this post in a couple of weeks time.

​#ITK or guesswork?

Archived