McClaren set for Newcastle

Day

I'm not sure how I feel about this. Do I want him to crash and burn, or do I want to feel happy for him and hope he does well?

I have an analogy that might help anyone with similar conflicting emotions.

Imagine you're going out with a girl, everything's going great, so much more exciting than your last girlfriend. Then, glorious day, you find out she's pregnant, it's going to be amazing, you're chuffed to bits.

Then the tragic news comes that you've lost the baby. You try to soldier on as a couple, put on a brave face, but deep down you know that something has gone wrong. It's no one's fault, but the cracks start to show. You start having arguments, you start getting jealous about stupid little things. Why are you chatting to that Mike from your work so much? Oh, he just had some really nice things to say, you know after the baby, he's been a good friend. Eventually you break up, and it all gets a bit messy.

A couple of weeks later, you find out she's with Mike from work.

At that moment, you probably hope they crash and burn. Just like Mac. At this moment I hope his time with Newcastle will be an absolute disaster.

But, personally, I'd like to think that, in time, I could get to a place where I wish Mac well, I hope Newcastle treat him well, and I hope he has every success. We had some really good times, and, ultimately, the break up was no one's fault. But for a Zamora goal, the baby would have been healthy, and we could have lived happily ever after in the Prem.

It just wasn't meant to be, and now we've all moved on.

But, for me, it's still going to take some time. Right now Mac can go **** himself (which will be difficult while being buggered by Mike).

Sorry to learn about your girlfriend.

And thats mikes a *******....

have you tried writing to Dear Deidre?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We sacked him.

in the end i think we were even less loyal to him than he was to us.

he might have had an illicit grope at the xmas party after being flattered by the attention.

but we booted him/her out (i'm getting confused now ) and installed a new bit of skirt/coach/man thing/ before you could say candy crush.

​Well that's fine then. Any clause should be at a price we'd be comfortably with losing them for.

​I would be willing to bet that Sam is far too savvy to fall for anything like undervalue in a release clause.

All very interesting, Mac was always going to go to Newcastle, I wouldn't be surprised if he asked MM & SR to sack him knowing he was going to Toon and save face with us fans, make it look like he's the good guy, probably agreed no compo required if we did that, everyone happy, Mac in new job and not hated by Rams fans and DCFC save a whole heap of cash, murky waters football ;-/

All very interesting, Mac was always going to go to Newcastle, I wouldn't be surprised if he asked MM & SR to sack him knowing he was going to Toon and save face with us fans, make it look like he's the good guy, probably agreed no compo required if we did that, everyone happy, Mac in new job and not hated by Rams fans and DCFC save a whole heap of cash, murky waters football ;-/

​Any sources to back up what is presumably a figment of your imagination?

​Any sources to back up what is presumably a figment of your imagination?

Oooh sorry for writing a suggestion on my thoughts on a football forum, do you have an imagination? No sources at all Jordy, but it all fits snuggly don't you think?? The scenario I "imagined" would keep everyone happy! 

Oooh sorry for writing a suggestion on my thoughts on a football forum, do you have an imagination? No sources at all Jordy, but it all fits snuggly don't you think?? The scenario I "imagined" would keep everyone happy! 

​Not me.

No Daleks for a start.

​I doubt Steve McClaren cares all that much about what Derby fans think of him anymore.

Archived