Clough Sacked

Day

I have a few friends who are Sheff Utd supporters.

Put it this way he'd make strange decisions (Ironic huh). Like losing a game and sticking a defender on, Putting a defender up front when drawing will not make a positive change ore negative then anything. Playing people out of position. I just laugh when he tells me most of the time I say 'Has Clough done.. yet' and he will be like yeah all the time!

Funny how he hasn't changed one bit I see him as a brilliant manager to save a club or if u want mid-table with the odd flirt (Yes like Sheff-Utd this season) with play offs. Couldn't see him getting any further then that.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mostyn,  Oh dear,spat your dummy out,members forum it is,and your opinion is valid.

Problem you give it to often,and repeat it again and again.

My problem is i often dont agree with you.And it ,becomes like ground hog day

​not at all. I don't even know you as a poster. You're not even on my radar, hence my confusion. I don't recall ever having disagreements with you, but hey-ho. 

I don't have a problem with me, but if you do, I'll gladly review any examples of me 'giving it', whatever that is supposed to mean. I don't have a problem with you disagreeing with me either. I'm pretty sure you're a decent chap and you wouldn't take it personally if we were sitting around a table in the boozer, over a pint, and having the exact same discussions about Nigel/McClaren/Rush/Obama/Terrorism/The Monarchy etc etc etc.

Dave McKay didn't do too bad. ;)

​He did well ,shocking thing was we were fourth in the table when they sacked him. I thought Dave's league winning side was probably better than Cloughies but Brian dragged us up by the boot strings and really transformed the club.

Special times never to be repeated , I was privileged to be at the right age to enjoy it.

Me an' all King Kev, I was only being mischievous, wouldn't take anything away from Cloughie senior, you could even argue his achievements were instrumental in Derby becoming a City in 1977, it might always have been on the cards of course but there's no doubt Clough really did put Derby on the map in more ways than one. (in my opinion)

​He did well ,shocking thing was we were fourth in the table when they sacked him. I thought Dave's league winning side was probably better than Cloughies but Brian dragged us up by the boot strings and really transformed the club.

Special times never to be repeated , I was privileged to be at the right age to enjoy it.

​They were definitely not 4th when Mackay was sacked, they were only just off the bottom of the first division.

​They were definitely not 4th when Mackay was sacked, they were only just off the bottom of the first division.

​My bad ,I meant the previous season , we did start off badly and he asked for a vote of confidence which wasn't forth coming . Thing was the year we won the title we had a shocking run then as well.

8th

Archived