Clough Sacked

Day

Spent a monster amount of money for that division and to not get promotion is a failure. Although it seems daft to spend all that money on so many new players to then sack him. 

That said there fans were not happy, same complaints that we had about him. 

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One for the statistics-obsessed posters….

Clough leaves Sheffield United - as the manager with the highest win percentage in the club's history (56.67%)

A bit harsh?

near miss in the play offs, good cup runs, and they were near the bottom when he went there.

but typical nigel.....he signs a centre half last summer and almost immediately bombs him out, then ends up with Alcock and McEveley in central defence for the play off decider. 

I expect a shopping list of legzdins, steve davies and jamie ward might have been a step too far.

PistoldPete2

Puts mcclarens position in perspective. Clough sacked despite cup runs and getting into the play offs. Mac didn't even get us to the play offs. 

Anyway I think it's right decision for them to sacked NLN. Darren Ferguson/Neil Redfearn/Chris Morgan 1 of them i'm tipping to be next boss.

PistoldPete2

Anyway I think it's right decision for them to sacked NLN. Darren Ferguson/Neil Redfearn/Chris Morgan 1 of them i'm tipping to be next boss.

Well I didn't see that one coming, certainly wasn't expecting clough to be sacked before  Mcclaren. Anyway expect nige to be back at burton if JFH leaves. 

Archived