Super Sunday

Day

'This is not Premier League, this is not the best league in the world. This is football from the 19th century. 

'The only thing I could bring was a Black and Decker [tool] to destroy the wall.'

'A football match is about two teams playing and this match was only one team playing and another team not playing.'

​Joes really doesn't play boring football though. Chelsea scored more goals than attacking teams like Arsenal and Liverpool, the boring Chelsea excuse was ludicrous anyway, there is no right or wrong way to win football, you play to succeed. 

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​Joes really doesn't play boring football though. Chelsea scored more goals than attacking teams like Arsenal and Liverpool, the boring Chelsea excuse was ludicrous anyway, there is no right or wrong way to win football, you play to succeed. 

I never said he played boring football, and I never criticised playing to succeed. I criticised his hypocrisy. ​

​They could be prettier, with the players they have, let's put it that way. They park the bus every game when they'd still win the league if they didn't. It's a shame, but meh. When I used the adjective "boring" I was in part referencing the way they've run away with it. 

​impossible, you cannot park the bus AND attack! Which one is it? considering the amount of goals they score and the amount of wins and points gained, they cannot park the bus.

​impossible, you cannot park the bus AND attack! Which one is it? considering the amount of goals they score and the amount of wins and points gained, they cannot park the bus.

​Do you have to play the same style of football in every game?

​Do you have to play the same style of football in every game?

​No, and being able to win in different ways is a massive quality to have. But, If I said to you, which games did Chelsea "park the bus" this season? You'd struggle to name 3 games.

​No, and being able to win in different ways is a massive quality to have. But, If I said to you, which games did Chelsea "park the bus" this season? You'd struggle to name 3 games.

​Just like being able to get points away at Chelsea is a massive quality to have - one that Mourinho doesn't recognise. 

Arsenal away, United at home, City at home.

Chelsea boring... wow...

He knows how to win games. If playing out for a 1-0 win vs United is boring then so be it. if only we'd been so 'boring' on the last game our season wouldn't have ended over 3 weeks ago.

Chelsea boring... wow...

He knows how to win games. If playing out for a 1-0 win vs United is boring then so be it. if only we'd been so 'boring' on the last game our season wouldn't have ended over 3 weeks ago.

​Nobody has called them boring in this thread, called him a hypocrite which he is. He complains when teams park the bus and then does the same thing, but when he does its a "tactical masterpiece" when a team like West Ham do, its "outdated and anti football".

​Nobody has called them boring in this thread, called him a hypocrite which he is. He complains when teams park the bus and then does the same thing, but when he does its a "tactical masterpiece" when a team like West Ham do, its "outdated and anti football".

​Is that not calling Chelsea boring then? If Jose's football is boring and Chelsea play that way does that not make them boring?

We still call Leeds 'Dirty Leeds', should it not be Dirty Don Revie's Leeds instead in that case?

​Is that not calling Chelsea boring then? If Jose's football is boring and Chelsea play that way does that not make them boring?

We still call Leeds 'Dirty Leeds', should it not be Dirty Don Revie's Leeds instead in that case?

​Where did I call the football boring? I have no problem with it it. Its smart play and he gets results. All I'm saying is that people love it when he does it, but when Swansea go to the Emirates and nick it 1-0 its anti football.

​Where did I call the football boring? I have no problem with it it. Its smart play and he gets results. All I'm saying is that people love it when he does it, but when Swansea go to the Emirates and nick it 1-0 its anti football.

​I didn't say you did, did I? You said nobody has called them boring in this thread so I struggle to see how calling Jose's football boring is different to calling Chelsea boring.

Archived