Super Sunday

Day

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if Newcastle go down whether Stevie will regret not saying no immediately instead of constantly toying with the idea with the media for half a season. That's ultimately cost him his job, not his league position.

If Sheff Utd could defend we could have seen a return of Steve & Clough in the same season!

Then again if we could defend we'd be in the PL and Steve would be the messiah

It's been a pretty dull season, in my opinion. Chelsea have won it by a mile by virtue of José's boring, defensive football. The only two teams who have provided any excitement for the neutral have been Southampton (almost shattering the status quo) and Leicester (great escape).

I hope Hull stay up so that we have a better shot at signing Ince, although if McClaren goes I can't see that happening anyway.

It's been a pretty dull season, in my opinion. Chelsea have won it by a mile by virtue of José's boring, defensive football. The only two teams who have provided any excitement for the neutral have been Southampton (almost shattering the status quo) and Leicester (great escape).

I hope Hull stay up so that we have a better shot at signing Ince, although if McClaren goes I can't see that happening anyway.

​Does the team scoring the second-highest number of goals in the league really deserve the epithet 'defensive'? And Southampton, lauded as the side offering more excitement, have conceded exactly the same number as Chelsea, ergo they must be just as boring and defensive, surely?

Or does the league table lie after all?

​Does the team scoring the second-highest number of goals in the league really deserve the epithet 'defensive'? And Southampton, lauded as the side offering more excitement, have conceded exactly the same number as Chelsea, ergo they must be just as boring and defensive, surely?

Or does the league table lie after all?

​Maybe defensive was the wrong word. Ugly would be better, perhaps. I'm biased though, when a lot of my friends are Chelsea "fans" and they're the default glory hunting team where I live. Plus them not winning would be a similar level of underachievement to us not getting in the playoffs this year. They're absolutely stacked with talent.

Southampton haven't been exciting stylistically so much as they've been an underdog, and who doesn't love an underdog. Same with Leicester really.

Chelsea have been great, scoring loads I goals(aren't they the highest scorers this season?) 

people like you labelling them "boring" are fools. 

I would take a boring season like that for us.....! Champions, by a mile, win a cup, top scorers....yeah, boring..!

​Maybe defensive was the wrong word. Ugly would be better, perhaps. I'm biased though, when a lot of my friends are Chelsea "fans" and they're the default glory hunting team where I live. Plus them not winning would be a similar level of underachievement to us not getting in the playoffs this year. They're absolutely stacked with talent.

Southampton haven't been exciting stylistically so much as they've been an underdog, and who doesn't love an underdog. Same with Leicester really.

​Hazard, Fabregas, Oscar and Willian running the show? Ugly? Are you for real PoshRam? Don't take someone else's bitter opinion and pass it as your own, especially when it's so wrong.

Chelsea have been anything but Ugly. I'd advise you look at the goals they've scored. Yes, it's boring in terms of them being virtually unbeatable, and therefore it somehow becomes predictable, but the performances themselves are no less impressive than those of Barcelona, Juventus, Bayern Munich etc etc etc

Chelsea have been great, scoring loads I goals(aren't they the highest scorers this season?) 

people like you labelling them "boring" are fools. 

I would take a boring season like that for us.....! Champions, by a mile, win a cup, top scorers....yeah, boring..!

​Yes, me too, I wasn't suggesting for a minute that they've not had a great season. But they play pretty predictable football and it's been boring for a neutral how much they've run away with it this year.

​Hazard, Fabregas, Oscar and Willian running the show? Ugly? Are you for real PoshRam? Don't take someone else's bitter opinion and pass it as your own, especially when it's so wrong.

Chelsea have been anything but Ugly. I'd advise you look at the goals they've scored. Yes, it's boring in terms of them being virtually unbeatable, and therefore it somehow becomes predictable, but the performances themselves are no less impressive than those of Barcelona, Juventus, Bayern Munich etc etc etc

​They could be prettier, with the players they have, let's put it that way. They park the bus every game when they'd still win the league if they didn't. It's a shame, but meh. When I used the adjective "boring" I was in part referencing the way they've run away with it. 

​Didn't he criticise West Ham for using long ball football, not parking the bus?

'This is not Premier League, this is not the best league in the world. This is football from the 19th century. 

'The only thing I could bring was a Black and Decker [tool] to destroy the wall.'

'A football match is about two teams playing and this match was only one team playing and another team not playing.'

Archived